The Nissan Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Rest in Peace Betsy QQ
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do i go to get one of these motors i see people talking about with like 35k miles on it for $500? im looking to replace my 97 motor and tranny so i need to know where to go to get em for cheap. And preferably want to stick with a 97 motor and tranny. Thanks for the help.

·
Rockin the Le Bra
1,016 Posts
try e-bay. ive seen some newer motors with fairly low miles for around 400-500 dollars. you should try looking for a 00-01 motor. you get 5 more hp, and i think all you have to do is use your old intake manifold. good luck with the install and nice car btw.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Tex93Altima said:
you should try looking for a 00-01 motor
yes indeed try getting a 00-01 like i did, big difference

·
Rest in Peace Betsy QQ
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well im lookin to eventually turbo my baby and i thought you couldn't turbo the 00-01's? any websites out there i can look on to find a motor with decent mileage on it? also where would i go to get new motor mounts? i dont need pr mounts, im just gonna buy all the stock ones and inject poly into them.

·
Rockin the Le Bra
1,016 Posts
what was it about the 00-01 motors that didnt work well with boost? im just curious. check your local parts store for the mounts. i just got mine today from advance auto parts for about 42 dollars for both front and rear. for the polyurethane, get the PL brand polyurethane for windows, door, and siding and let the mounts cure for a few days after filling them.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Tex93Altima said:
hey evil ryu, did your car come with the lsd or did u add it after you got it?
i was one of the lucky ones to find one with it..... :)

Overdrive 97GXE said:
well im lookin to eventually turbo my baby and i thought you couldn't turbo the 00-01's?
really i havent heard nething about not able to turbo the 00 - 01 motors?? is there a post on that??

·
Rest in Peace Betsy QQ
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok a few questions about the second gen motor. Will a first gen cai fit on a second gen motor? are there any hp gains from going to the second gen motor? And lastly what needs to be done to make the second gen motor OBDI?

·
Rockin the Le Bra
1,016 Posts
i think the CAI intake should fit the 2nd gen motor because its the same engine going into your current car. There is a 5 hp gain from a second gen motor, but it has to be an 00-01 motor. I think the OBDII intake manifolds have some extra sensors which is why people with OBDI just use the intake manifold already on their engine. I dont know about the rest of the engine harnesses. Someone else can answer that.

·
Registered
130 Posts
not only do you have to keep the same intake mani from the 97 if you are swapping to the 2000-2001 but you witll have to keep the exhaust and the bracket that holds up your water pump and alternator. trust mw i finishes the swap not a month ago. there is also going tp be a plug extra on the 2000-2001 engine that you will not use because its for a sensor in the OBD II that the intake mani for the 96 doesnt have

·
Registered
130 Posts
by the way its hard to get a decent mileage engine off a 2000-2001. I didnt want to put an old engine in my car so i searched for like 2 months and found a 2000 with 17000 in papers and everything for 650. so long live the bitch.

·
because hondas suck!!
2,178 Posts
Overdrive 97GXE said:
Where do i go to get one of these motors i see people talking about with like 35k miles on it for $500? im looking to replace my 97 motor and tranny so i need to know where to go to get em for cheap. And preferably want to stick with a 97 motor and tranny. Thanks for the help.
www.car-parts.com

·
Erect Member
18,126 Posts
all this heresay... the 00-01 engines are the same externally (except for the oil filter) as every other ka24de that came in an altima. theres not a whole lot of difference between the 97 and 00. the intakes might even be the same. the reason why people think that the 00-01 engines cant be boosted is because of the obd2. dont forget though, every altima from 95 forward already IS obd2. its just the different ecu's from the earlier obd2's can be reprogrammed whereas supposedly jwt wont do the newer ones. i bought my 00 engine with 500 miles on it for 950 after taxes from www.ritewayauto.com ultimatuc bought his off of ebay for about 150 bucks with very low mileage as well. btw, hes running turbo on it as well. there are plenty of threads by myself and ultimatuc about this swap for several different years. im going on 2 years with mine and about 20 bottles of nitrous so i know these engines are well made.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts