The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i have a question about something. i have a 90 nissan pickup, its an auto with plenty of miles, and its the XE with the 4 cylinder. can i swap the motor from a 96 alty 5spd. if not can i just swap the heads, im just not sure about the intake and the fuel injection or whatever. so anyways bascialy can i sawp these motors. any other thing that i should take into account for doing. this is a question from my dad and i didnt really know the answer so i put it on here.

·
back for the last time
740 Posts
Devil Man said:
hey, i have a question about something. i have a 90 nissan pickup, its an auto with plenty of miles, and its the XE with the 4 cylinder. can i swap the motor from a 96 alty 5spd.
I don't think it will work, Hardbody=rwd, Altima=fwd. I think you would be better off finding one out of a 240

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
altimate_racer said:
its the same block. Only diff is the configuration of the head. I think it cold work. The tranny is the issure and i wouldnt be suprised if his current one bolted right up.
wrong. there are mounting holes on the 240 KA that don't line up with the altima KA. i've seen both and they are NOT interchangable. the 240 KA may however work in the pickup.

·
I AM LEGEND
10,874 Posts
chuck34gboro said:
wrong. there are mounting holes on the 240 KA that don't line up with the altima KA. i've seen both and they are NOT interchangable. the 240 KA may however work in the pickup.
OWNED.

Again.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
is the head the same at least on the two, if they are i could switch those though couldnt i? would the car cams produce more hp than the truck one is what im trying to get at. i know that i might lose some torque, but thats not waht this is for, i want speed

i didnt know that the motor mounts were different, but now that i think about it, they must be i guess. oh well so i guess the 240 motor will have to do, now i guess i will have to see if i can look for one of those. is the 95-97 the ka24de only, or did they have teh dual ohc on the older ones too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts