The Nissan Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
No surprise there except for their praise of the 6. I'm glad that second opinion guy has some sense.

Ok, news flash for you people that don't know already: The Mazda 6 ain't all that.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jethro_13 said:
No surprise there except for their praise of the 6. I'm glad that second opinion guy has some sense.

Ok, news flash for you people that don't know already: The Mazda 6 ain't all that.

I agree. the Mazda 6 isn't all that, But look at what it offers when compared to the other two. Also look at the price. And remember, when that comparison was done(sometime in 2003) That was the introductory year of teh new Mazda 6 (which replaced the 626/Milennia) Remember, the new Altima was already a year old and the Jetta's body style was at least 4 years old. New kid to the game that does everything that the others do and is cheaper will get a thumbs up from a lot of people. Although, it's down 25 horses when compared to the Altima, I guess they assume power isn't everything

·
~TaZ~
815 Posts
I didn't know the v6 altima was the Fastest fwd car motor trend ever tested. I'm sure its still one of the fastest, but theres got to be faster stock fwd cars that went on the market after that comparaison was made.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think MT was referring to the Altima as being the fastest car in that specific class that they've tested. I'm sure, overall other 4 door cars they've tested were faster

·
Registered
655 Posts
now besides the SRT-4, a 3.5 is the fastest production front wheel drive car. It used to be the integra type R running 15.0's now its the alty or the srt-4

·
Rockin the Kasbah
4,106 Posts
um, have you guys maybe forgotten about the new vtech Acura TL's???

Don't they put out like 280 to the crank???

·
Rockin the Kasbah
4,106 Posts
What times do they run...I kidna got into this thread without doing my HW on the TL but I was under the impression it would be quicker....

And obviously I know more horses doens't = faster

Hence why my 350 HP small block is faster than a 400 HP bigblock in the same truck....it all comes down to torque curve and gears...

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
that was back in 2k2.... so altima was the quickest, and type r was 2nd

but now yea, there's a TURBOcharged but FWD neon srt-4... and that elegant TL...

honestly that TL should come with RWD for the price, since the G35 does, but its interior is medicore compared to Acura's

anyways now that its "2004" I've seen the TL rip a 14.4 as well, and sorry folks, the A-spec got like 14.25 or somethin by motor trend

also the accord V6 coupe 6spd is on par with the alty and TL

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
http://www.motortrend.com/features/performance/112_0403_tuner/index1.html

^^ the base TL still got 0.02 quicker than the altima @ 14.44... A-spec 14.25

that low 14 aint bad considering the fact motor trend got about the same with a G35 coupe 6spd that has 10 more hp/32 more torque/& RWD

I think our gearing isn't that good compared to BMW/Acura...

http://motortrend.com/oftheyear/car/112_0301_coyw/index3.html

^^ G35 coupe 14.23

http://motortrend.com/roadtests/coupe/112_0212_mercaccord/index4.html

^^ accord COUPE non-family sedan was CLOSE, but no cigar 14.54

well the altima is the quickest "FWD 4dr sedan in it's class" atleast...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts