The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have 2 component sets of polk's that i am goign to put in the altima this weekend.....I know I am going to mout the front set of tweeters to the A pillar.....what is the best place for the rear set?...the B pillar or all the way back on behind the back passangers head on that pillar?....

·
Am I still a NOOB?
2,082 Posts
kapsurf said:
all the way back on behind the back passangers head on that pillar
I would do it all the way in the back. When I was in chicago, I helped my friend install his system. Had the component speakers. Sounded really good when we were done.

·
BOSRI NAH CHOD!
641 Posts
keep the tweeters 10-12inches from the mid

·
Registered
6,482 Posts
NO SH8ME said:
keep the tweeters 10-12inches from the mid
I'd have to dissagree.. ideally they should be mounted on the same axis, or as close together as possible.

..but every car/person is different, give you tweet a good 3-4 feet of slack wire, and move them around until you find an arrangement that suits you..

·
Dirt Looks good Sideways
443 Posts
i say put it as far back as you can...aim the left tweet to the inside ear of the passenger..and visversa...this will have the best acustical<--(this cant be a word) sound

·
Registered
288 Posts
I'll agree with TL on this one. My current system has components in the rear and I mounted the tweeters on the rear deck right near the mids. They sound great this way...although my new setup is cheap 2-ways in the back as I'm just going for rear fill.

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
check my sig where I rigged my tweeters.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts