The Nissan Club banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its been 2 weeks and the place racing motor mounts still havent calmed down. during cold starts, my hood rattles. anyone have the same problem?

·
Die Trying
2,063 Posts
ZKrazy said:
the top sausage crew.. :)
oh GOD! Don't bring that all up again.

my were pretty bad too. They do get better though. Wen at low idle, like 700 or 800 rpms, the hood rattle the slightest bit. And, at take off from a low rpm the whole dash rattle til the rpms climb a little. It gets a little better. Hang in there! Otherwise, take them out and drill a 1/4" hole or two in them.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Make up your mind....

Thats the problem with so many racers these days, they want a fast car but they don't want to put up with any of the inconviences of it. Such as: Noise, rattles, shakes, higher maitinence costs and labor (this really hits your pocket book hard if you don't do it yourself..) and other such minor things. I'm a MOPAR freak myself, but I respect Nissan for not only their effort, but their integrity. If you want a fast car, don't complain when some mod you do makes it rattle, squeek or shake a bit....as long as it take a few seconds off your track times, or makes the internals run more smoothly, don't complain. But also be carefull, if the rattle and shakes get progressively worse, it could be a sign of a bad job and you'd be best off checking it yourself or having someone else check it...(besides the person who did it..) Mechanics have pride (or they're dishonest..)and some won't admit do doing a bad job or not knowing how to do a job properly.
Don't sweat the small stuff.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
first off..eat a fat dick you mopar mofo. i asked this question because its SUPPOSED to calm down on the rattling. dont act like you're some car guru because you have a fixed up dodge shadow. ANYWAYS
another question..would getting a t/c lessen the rattling? doesnt it raise the idle rpm up a notch..my hood only rattles at idle.

·
got widebody?®
1,546 Posts
vtec killer said:
get over it fruit cake.you want to go fast? you want torque? then shuuuuuut uppppppp.RACE OR DIE DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p
:D LOL

·
Registered
55 Posts
WTF

What the hell crawled up your ass Z? Like I said before, I believe in giving respect to anyone willing to put some serious work into their car, weather it is import, domestic or some crazy home build thing. Change your attitude man.

·
Registered
55 Posts
WTF part2.

Secondly, I would like to apologize to Z if it seemed like I was making a personal attack on him, that is not what I intended. It was more of a general statment of how people need to learn to sweat the small stuff less keep an eye on the big picture. Keep your eye on the goal, don't worry so much about the little shit that happens along th way.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
cypher..shuttup you bitch..haha..jk. yea..i TOTALLY hear ya on that. its like how half of the people on this board want to make their cars really fast but only have $24 in their pockets. sorry for my post..this website has been filled with idiots..hmm..right after the f&f movie.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.