The Nissan Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Semi-Automatic
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking into gettin the Sony mp40 ... i can get it for 120 ...

any opinions and suggestions on which indash mp3cd reciever i should go for ...

reasonable prices like under 400 bucks ..

i was looking at the jensesn mp3310 ... but i kno jensen HU blows

·
*Really New Member*
1,095 Posts
under 4bills???u can get the alpine mp3 cd player forlike 350....

·
Semi-Automatic
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my friend works at best buy and is gettin me his discount... he offered the pioneers but i have red interior and i thought the red displays of the sonys would look better ... even tho i kno pioneer has better sound

·
Registered
288 Posts
stay away from sony's...they're just no good, esp. if you're willing to spend up to $400. You should definitely look into the Alpines. I think the cda-7894 would work nicely and it's got alot of nice features...and I also think you can switch the illumination from green to amber (not positive on this one). Also since it's last years model I've heard many places may be discounting it to make room for the new alpines. And the new Alpine, I think it's the cda-9813 is pretty nice and it's got a built in eq and nicer x-overs than the 7894....but it has blue illumination and will probably be more expensive than the 7894, which is still an awesome unit.

If you don't go with alpine, I'd also suggest looking into the kenwood excellon decks...they're also pretty nice and the mp3 load time is on par with the alpine.

The pioneers are a good value too, especially if you can get them at discount...but I hear the mp3 load time isn't nearly as fast as the alpines and kenwoods.

Those are basically the top 3 I think in terms of sq, features, and mp3 ability. Just make sure to avoid sony and aiwa because both of them suck.

·
Damn! I Drive a Civic
4,703 Posts
i have to go check out the load time of mp3s for ken, and alpine...

i want to see how long theres is...

·
Semi-Automatic
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
this is just temp tho ... im waiting on this same kid to get me some indash flip TVs from Pioneer... but he wont have them in for a while and i have no radio ... i dont think i wanna go into the 300s for a temp replacement.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Oh, well why didn't you say so? If it's just a temp then buy the cheapest one. Of course...if you treat it well, you could probably re-sell one of those nicer units for a lot closer to the price you paid then you could with a sony or aiwa, making the cost negligible.

And if you're actually getting a discount on the pioneers you could probably sell it back for the same amount you paid for it and basically get a free cd player while you wait. This depends on the discount of course...but the fact that it came from best buy and carries a full warranty would be a good selling point that would enable you to sell if for more than you could if you bought it off ebay.

·
Semi-Automatic
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
invisible21 said:
Oh, well why didn't you say so? If it's just a temp then buy the cheapest one. Of course...if you treat it well, you could probably re-sell one of those nicer units for a lot closer to the price you paid then you could with a sony or aiwa, making the cost negligible.

And if you're actually getting a discount on the pioneers you could probably sell it back for the same amount you paid for it and basically get a free cd player while you wait. This depends on the discount of course...but the fact that it came from best buy and carries a full warranty would be a good selling point that would enable you to sell if for more than you could if you bought it off ebay.
thats what i was thinking but it might take a few months before the TVs come in and i can afford them and i didnt want to be stuck with crappy sound till then, i luv sound and music and bass... if it sounds bad :angry:

·
Life, Liberty, Pursuit of
1,320 Posts
ok

sony sucks when it comes to amps and other stuff, but I have had two sony HU's and loved em both, i have a sony cdx mp70 that i got for 380 currently.

great mp3 player. clean it once a week and i have no skipping problems, even lowered on sportlines with 600 W going to 2 10" infiniti's on dirt roads

if you don't clean it once a week then it will skip all the damn time.

also gives me great control over my subs, xovers, and eq,, all from the same remote.

the deck lists at like 569.00 but if you shop around and do some internet comparison shopping you can negotiate a local dealer down to 3-4 hundred like you want.

it has been in the car about 9 months yet

·
Registered
532 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
ummm the sony cdxmp70 is suppose to be guranteed no skipping thast why it has the g protection or wahtever they call it

·
Semi-Automatic
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i was just lookin at the san jose model in crutchfield ..

but since like is aid this is temp ... it wont be in my car more than 3 or 4 months im going with the cheapest one,,, the MP3310 from jensen ... im not gunna ahve a system in there till i get the TV so i just need it for something to hear while i cruise

1 - 18 of 18 Posts