The Nissan Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2010 nissan altima 2.5s
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

I just (2 days ago) bought a 2010 Nissan Altima 2.5S at 238,000km. Safety was sold with it, but the first time driving it after getting it home a few things have happened that are making me regret this decision.

My MPG gauge is reading backwards. It goes all the way up to 30MPG when I'm stopped and drives at 0-10MPG
My engine light came on an hour after driving it - guy who sold it said it's probably the AC not working properly.....
As a result of the CEL coming on, the car is driving in Limp mode.
Transmission is lagging/stuttering/vibrating when starting acceleration or trying to change gears.

Just wondering if anyone knows how much is this going to cost me since we don't have a lemon law in Ontario Canada..... apparently................ and if I could repair it myself easily enough?

I've been amateur fixing my own cars for years now but this one is a newer one than I'm used to with more computer parts involved. For example, how do I reset it out of limp mode? should I do that? How long do I have to drive it before the engine blows since it won't get out of 2nd gear (1500RPM)?

Does anyone know if this is something I could fix easily myself or if I just bought a lemon without a transmission...?

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Thanks for letting us know how you fixed your problems.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts