The Nissan Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. As you can see I'm new to the JDM community.

From the forums I've read I see there's some on here that really know their sh*t. Please advise!!

I have a 2011 Sentra SR. I couldn't find a used Se-R or spec so I settled. Looks wise it's close to ser but not the performance.

please tell me there's some real mods, that don't require building the internals, to get some power to the ground with this MR20DE engine!!!

Throttle bodies, intakes, headers, exhaust, and or how to ECU tune. I'm not familiar with all the electronic tuning.

Anyone have ideas to squeak out 30-50 more hp?

·
w00t
2,232 Posts
You can do all the bolt-on's available to us now and you still won't get anything close to what you're looking for. You could always try to build up a custom low boost turbo but then you run the risk of blowing it since there is no really R&D for our motor.

http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/member-rides/325575-new-ride.html

this is my SR and what I had initially planned. I'm not moving forward anymore because aftermarket support just isn't there.

·
Start The Show - Jet
1,013 Posts
/\ This.

You'd be better off looking for a low-mileage 2002-2006 Sentra Spec-V with low(er) mileage and selling your 2011... More support.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey guys thanks for replying. So no matter what there isn't much to do to this car for more performance? Well F me I thought there would be!!

That special edition looks great man. I like what you did to it!!

So wait I saw on one thread that the md16t turbo and manifold bolts right on to this engine. Is that not true?? These cars have an aluminum block and heads(4v). There has to be something that can be done!!

What about a bigger cam with an I ken intake and header with exhaust to start?

Otherwise, am I better off getting an ecoboost stang? There a lot of performance add ins for that car!! Heard you can get 400 hp from all stock internals and it's still reliable.

I post a pic of mine here. It's bone stock. Plus I'm not sure about this cvt trans.

Thanks for the input!!

·
w00t
2,232 Posts
On another forum comprised of mainly sentras, I had determined 4 routes I could take... completely disregarding $$$$ of course. I did in facr consider the MR16DET route but there will be a lot of modifications to be done for things to line up properly. Being that there is no info if the manifold bolt's up properly nor if their CVT tranny would connect simply to the MR20 there you would have to test the water yourself. The problem with the MR20 isn't soley the engine it's the mated CVT tranny which can't support a lot of power. Options would be if you were to try more power on the MR20 is CVT fluid cooler(s) or swap out the tranny... 6MT or the Juke Tranny which is already rated at 200+ BHP... again there is nothing out there that will indicate if the tranny would even bolt-on.. same with the manifold.

Swapping out another motor is plausible but you'll run into fitment issus along the way in your modding because the engine is suppose to be in another bay. So, custom work all around. Heh, I've considered the QR25 the ol' school SR20 and even the VQ35... the smaller two seem more logical but I decided to look else where...

All in all, I wasn't happy that after almost 10 yrs that the B16 has been in production the MR20 hasn't received any love from the aftermarket world which has halted my enthusiasm to continue working on it. Not trying to have you move away from your ride, by all means be the pioneer heh, I just can't at the moment. I am considering getting a used WRX STI... >: )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts