The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any attempted to hook up an MSD 6A or 6AL ignition box to a 97 or above Altima with the coil in the distributor? I was wonderin because I can get a 6AL for $100.00 brand new never used. and I would like upgrade the ignition.

Sink

·
Erect Member
18,126 Posts
from what ive heard and the people ive talked to, unless you have other mods that will benefit from the extra ignition, the stock coil will do more than good enough.

·
missing El Polo Loco...
2,165 Posts
a stock ignition system is enough for a stock engine. Unless you do mods that actually need more spark to light up the denser fuel + air combo, it's unnecessary. If your car is stock, keep it so. If the coil ain't leaking, then it's still good, otherwise if it leaks, then it's a good time to upgrade as well for future mods. but stock..OEM is good enough..

·
My Alti got da last laugh
1,546 Posts
I have a 6al with adapter. awaiting on magnecor to send me back my wires. i will post a how to when i'm done. FYI

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
well i have it on my 97 with an external coil and have looked at a few 97.5's and up with the internal coil and I dont see it being much different

1 - 8 of 8 Posts