The Nissan Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
563 Posts
no the MSD isnt like the JACOBS at ALL.....usually the MSD AMP come by itself ..you will also need to buy a Coil(option) but its recommend ...im using a MSD 6aL and SS blaster Coil ....i install my MSD in less than half hour ....JACOBS i heard is all plug in ..no splicing at all i belive .....just wonder ...how come you have a civic in your Sig? couldnt figure it out ...was that your old whip? good luck ..

·
Registered
743 Posts
Do they give you new plugs when you order the ice pak ignition and what result does it give you yo!

·
Reppin Clarksvegas
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GOKU said:
.....just wonder ...how come you have a civic in your Sig? couldnt figure it out ...was that your old whip? good luck ..

thanks. the civic looks just like my last car that i never took pictures of so i found one just like it surfing the net one day and decided to put it in my sig. i have some pics of my 2 gen but don't know how to scan and post them.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Which one is better or what's the difference between the MSD and the Jacobs?

Where's the best place to buy the MSD?

The best price that I found on the Jacobs was at stylinconcepts.com for $324.

GOKU said:
no the MSD isnt like the JACOBS at ALL.....usually the MSD AMP come by itself ..you will also need to buy a Coil(option) but its recommend ...im using a MSD 6aL and SS blaster Coil ....i install my MSD in less than half hour ....JACOBS i heard is all plug in ..no splicing at all i belive ..

·
11,384 Posts
Jacob's is not plug and play. It is easier than the MSD, I heard...I've only done my ICE Pack, so I could be wrong.

You don't get plugs or wires with the kit. the wires can be included, but they cost like $70 more.

You need a new cap if you have a 97 or newer....I have a 94 and used the stock cap.

MSD vs Jacob's is a tough one. People like each....so you'll always get some opinion. as gay as it sounds, the Jacob's being blue was the deciding factor for me....that and it came as a kit that I didn't need to piece together like the MSD.

It took me a few hours to install....finding a switched line that didn't lose power while the car cranked was one of the biggest tasks...then finding room to mount it all was another chore.

I have not seen an increase in my mileage at all. I do beleive it helps throttle response, and you can feel it pull a bit faster i nthe higher revs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.