The Nissan Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
hi
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i am probably gonna get the 6000 series regardless of what anyone says but i still want to know if besides being able o take more power and being louder i guess, is the 8000 series really much better in quality. cuz since mtx is a really good sub company, the 6000 sould still be really good. just wanted to know any opinions people have. also i was gona get a profile cl600m to push these cuz its cheap and people have said it will work fine and be reliable. do u think that is true and if not can u suggest another amp that is really good for the price. thanks

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
My cousin had two 6000 10's. I didn't like them.. didn't seem to have anywhere near flat response.. Go for the 8000's..

·
hi
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i know the 8000 are definitely better but the reality is i dont have enough money. so i'm gonna go with the 6000 i think. they are still really good subs. after all they are MTX but thanks anyways. unless everynoe in the club sends me like 1 cent. then i can get the 8000. come on guys..will u really miss 1 cent. lol. ad i also decided that i am gonna get the MTX 6500D amp to push these things. since it is made especially for these subs.

·
Registered
46 Posts
the 6000's dont hit as low or hard as the 8000's. i had 2 12" 6000's and hated them. get jl or rockford. both quality.

·
hi
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
aight...i'm thinkin about the 8000's, but 10" instead. i thought i could get the MTX 8100D for them but each subhas a 400 rms, and the mp would put out 1000 so that seems like too much. can anybody suggest a good amp. thanks

G

·
The 10's have the same power handling as the 12's, so you can push them just fine with the 6500D you were talking about. How much were you being quoted for the 12's... I think I paid 250 each for mine.

Demmy

·
hi
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the 8000 can handle up to 400 rms. is the 6500d enough power for it? this is the setup u r using right? on www.thezeb.com the 12's are only like 164.99 and the 10's are 129.99.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i got my 6000's for 62.50 a peice from circuit city with a 3 year warranty which came in handy cause i blew them in a month. if you want a quality sub that will pound, get the new jl10w7. they are around 359 but they will out hit most pairs of 12's

G

·
Personally I think its enough power. It hit 138.5 dB at the dash. The 6000's are supposed to handle up to 250, so I guess I was over-powering them a bit. But how the hell was I supposed to know my amp was actually gonna put out 637 watts until I got it home and saw its birth certificate. I still don't think they should have blown in 5 minutes, even with a bit to much power. I supposed I could push the 8000's with a bigger amp, but I bought this amp for the 6000's remember. Personally I think it pushes my 8000's just fine. It hit 138.5 dB at the dash, which is loud enough for me. Not to mention I have an awesome install. It's up on www.audioaltima.com if you'd like to look. The only thing I have added since those pics is a 1 farad cap mounted below the MTX amp.

Demmy

·
hi
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
cool thanks bro...i just may go with the 6500d since it works for u. yeah 138 db would be enough for me too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts