The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought this amp a couple days ago thinking i was gonna only run 1 12". However i saw a good deal to 2 rockford fosgate 12"s so i went ahead and bought both of them.(max watts 200). do you think i can run both of the subs with the amp... thanx for ure time

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
your amp is fine for them. The subs can handle 100W RMS, and that's how much your amp puts out per channel.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx for the response!! the subs however are 4ohms and the amp says 100w x 2 at 2 ohms. In the package it gave me a warning about bridging the subs to 2ohms. you think it's safe??

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"scratch sractch" umm... i dun get it...sorrie

·
Registered
139 Posts
If ur Rockfords aren't DVC (Dual voice coil) then you won't be able to run them at two ohms in stereo(x2). I would try a different amp for those subs. Either an amp that can do 100 x2 at 4ohms or a monoblock Class "D" that can do 200 x 1 at 2 ohms. If the subs are wired in parallel as a 2 ohm load x 1 you chould be all set.

·
Registered
46 Posts
wiring this up will be no problem all you have to do is wire the subs in series and you will end up with a 4 ohm load bridged. when you run 2 4ohm subs in series you will end up with a 8 ohm load on a mono block channel or on a stereo channel but if you bridge the amp from stereo to mono it only sees half of the ohms load so you will wnd up at 4 ohms

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
alrite guys i just hooked up both of my rockford 12" rfz2412 subs to my mtx 4202. since the maual said not to bridge both of the subs at 2 ohms i just did it the normal stereo way. the bass is nice and low. just how i like. not enuff power to floss the 2 bad boys but o wellz. anyone wanting a cheap sub setup should take it into consideration....

2 rockford fosgate rfz2412 12"s - $120
1 MTX 4202 - 150
custom bandpass box - 50

·
Registered
46 Posts
if you wire the subs in series you will get alot more power out of the amp those amps are made to be bridged the usually don't do alot in stereo. I used to run an older version of the thunder8302 on two 12" nakamichis and they really got those speakers movin and I'm not to sure but I believe there ratings were 200/400watts

1 - 9 of 9 Posts