The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Trinispeed
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wzup? I am hearing this weird rattling in my muffler. It is an arospeed universal muffler. I didn't hit anywhere or anything. It is only when I start the car though. After about 5 mins on the road the noise goes away. What can be causing that?

Thanks!!!!! :D

Big Up Trini Crew!!!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Gary-
It is most likely your heat shield. Mine become loose too and just bring it down to a garage and a guy tightens them for me. You could probably do it yourself it you have a jack and socket kit. Rev the engine a few times and the find out where on your exhaust sytem it is (front, middle, rear). Look for the heat shields in thearea and just tighten the bolts.

If it's not this, just tighten all the bolts related to your exhaust. If you bring it to a garage, they won't charge you more than 5-10 bucks-
Joe

·
Die Trying
2,554 Posts
it's cause the exhaust is cold. It's not the heat sheild.

I have the header, high flow cat, 2.25" piping, and a borla muffler and it makes a real raspy sound at first but goes away after it warms up.

Just get used to it, it won't go away permanently. Just let it warm up. BTW, it gets worse with more flow. Like when you add header and bigger piping.

Also, no offense, but the Arospeed mufflers are cheap. Everything made by Arospeed, OBX, Toucan, and Matrix are cheap. It's all the same company. And it's cheap.

Remember, you get what you pay for, especially aftermarket car parts

·
Jr. Lord Of Search
1,662 Posts
1fast: whats a good stainless steel 2.25" muffler then? i wana order mine tomorrow, i have $150-$200 to spend

Edit: I've been looking at the magnaflow mufflers, not loud but good sounding I hear. Only problem is which to get:

4" x 9" Oval 14" 20" 14315 $83.62
5" x 8" Oval 14" 20" 14215 $83.62

·
Die Trying
2,554 Posts
MikeV said:
1fast: whats a good stainless steel 2.25" muffler then? i wana order mine tomorrow, i have $150-$200 to spend

Edit: I've been looking at the magnaflow mufflers, not loud but good sounding I hear. Only problem is which to get:

4" x 9" Oval 14" 20" 14315 $83.62
5" x 8" Oval 14" 20" 14215 $83.62
from what everybody says, the magnaflows are good.
I think they look to plain or basic

I have a Borla muffler DTM Style. It was $270. A little high i suppose, but i've had no complaints. I had an Arospeed before and it sounded like ass with the header and bigger piping etc.

Greddy, 5 Zigen, APEXi, Revolution, etc makes good shit. I'd go with of those. If they're too much, wait another week or two and save more money up. I don't recommend power buys, buying just because it's cheap. Go with quality, a name you know makes good stuff.

·
Die Trying
2,554 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts