The Nissan Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is my first Nissan sentra with the 1.6L and a 5 speed. I have done a bunch of research but am also looking for some help with peoples experiences if multiple codes are caused by one problem.

Code List
P0505 - IAC system - plan was to clean IAC
P1490 - VC/V Bypass
P1492 - Purge Control
P0446 - Evaporitive Emission system Vent - for these three check gas cap, valve on canister and clean all connectors.
P0105 - Manifold Absolute Pressure - plan was to clean sensor
P1105 - MAP/BARO Switch - same as above. Hoping not the sensor as it is quite expensive and the car was not.
P1110 - Intakve Valve timing control left bank - clean sensor
P1400 - EGR Solenoid - clean EGR and check vacuum lines and replace as necessary.
P0420 - Catalyst System below efficiency bank 1 - bad catalytic converter?

The car was fairly cheap and so I am wondering if a lot of these codes are related to each other. I will be checking all vacuum lines as well, but has anyone had these groupings show up and what did you do? Many of the sensors brand new are quite expensive for this car I am finding.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also the car idles high at 1000-1100rpm. it will start out at approximately 800rpm and then climb slowly from there. There is also a strong gas odor from the car, hence me believing the fuel cap is bad on it. I do have to give it some gas right after starting or it will die, beyond that though it will run fine afterwards.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts