1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 2008 Altima(2016 update)

So i guess its about time i start this thread,
lets see a little back ground.
i got the car in august of 2012, it was a trade in at my work and 2 days later i bought it. It the v6 speed model with black interior with leather, bose system, navi, and only 49k. It had to go to nissan it get the head gaskets changed with all the other goodies with that, like all the upper gaskets and the water pump. The first i got to drive it home was a friday and that saturday i debadged it and played with the airbox and kinda made mine own thing with it, its not really a cold air i guess its more of a ram air then anything, then i washed and waxed it and spent like 4 outs with a buffer making that deep blue shine like a mirror.
theres pics when i first got it

this is after the good cleaning it got and i also wrapped that chrome piece on the deck lid

next week came the c-mod

and i didnt like how white it was behind it so i painted it black

also during this time i got white leds for the inside and the RL trunk kit, on black friday a bought the RL STB, no pics of that and when they got there rear sway bar back in stock i ordered that to, no pics either of that. the latest thing was this

so i put that on and washed and waxed it
PICS ADDED IN 2ND POST DUE TO PIC LIMIT

So thats it so far, my plans for it the rest of the year is
-eyelids
-red tail light tint
-window tint
-exhaust
-lower
-carbon fiber mirror covers
-carbon fider roof spoiler
-different fogs, maybe leds
-maybe the nismo front lip and rear skirts
-puddle lights or something like it
-footwel lights
-hoping to do something with chrome around the windows
-wrap some of the dash trim in black
-maybe some leds behind the grill
-nissan badge for the grill
-going to look into a quad retro
and im thinking about painting the calipers and brackets gold/bronze and the rotors black, but thats still up in the air right now
I hoping to order the parts for the exhaust this week and then i can start looking into lowering it and getting some tint before the spring time
thanks for looking

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
nice start and I like the direction you're going BUT I would recommend to try to keep things simple.

In other words, the "less is more" approach can go a long way IMO.

6MT?

·
May '12 NOTM winner
3,404 Posts

·
Freezing my ass off in MN
317 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey Dpzelenak1,

you mind sharing where you got that badass rear valance? I have been searching forever for this precise one!

·
Freezing my ass off in MN
317 Posts
it was a group buy here on the forums. kind of a one-off, but I'm sure you could order another. I think the CF ones sold for $350+shipping originally.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow i completely forgot about this thread sorry. Im gonna have to bookmark it lol
nice start and I like the direction you're going BUT I would recommend to try to keep things simple.

In other words, the "less is more" approach can go a long way IMO.

6MT?
Thats my new plan now(but im sure that'll change next week) i going through my list and planning what im thinking now and some things are changing and yea its a 6speed

The car looks nice. I think your next mod should be a drop maybe with Eibach springs and get some nice wheels to set it off!
Thanks, i plan on going with the eibach springs and the camber kits also, but right now im holding back on the springs and focusing on the tint and exhaust, the springs will come start of summer~+or- a week of two
and the wheels wont change for a while sent these tires are new and i really like these wheels, i may look into spacers to pull them out a little when i lower it just to help with the look
Looks like you have a good start. I agree with the inspiration that you should lower it next
Coming along nicely.
thanks
Hey Dpzelenak1,

you mind sharing where you got that badass rear valance? I have been searching forever for this precise one!
Its made by autokits X, i think its a made to order thing if they even make it anymore
it was a group buy here on the forums. kind of a one-off, but I'm sure you could order another. I think the CF ones sold for $350+shipping originally.
i think thats what the group buy price was, but im not sure i wasnt a part of it.
I bought mind from a used from a member

Thanks everyone i should washing it tonight or this weekend and ill have some new pics up if the weathers nice

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
ok so this is long over due. Im just gonna start over cause in the last 2 years this car has changed so much and so many times. Im gonna list what has been done and post alot of pics. Probably not in order tho.
at the beginning of 2014 the car was put back to stock and i was trying to sell it or trade. That didnt last long cause i sold everything to a local guy and we became best friends.(cute i know) but at the end of 2014/beginning of 2015 he traded his car in and i got all my stuff back plus more.
Current list of what on the car.
Nismo aero kit
Nismo cat back
RL y-pipe
RL sway bar
RL strut brace
RL Short shifter
M45 brakes front brakes
Intake
Intake spacers
Throttle body in the works and 09 maxima intake manifold waiting to be installed spring 2016
megan coil overs
did have H&R springs for a while
did have SE-R wheels
Currently Gen coupe track wheels
fiberglass eyelids
Leds inside and out
GTR start button
Gauge pod
Hardwired V1 radar and dash cam
Switchback turn signals
Led brake and reverse lights
Led fog lights