The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Shift_This
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm driving home yesterday taking my 4yr old son home after a day out with him(it was his birthday yesterday). There is still snow on the ground from last weeks snow storm.
I'm coming around a gradual turn at about 25mph and I feel the ass start to come out from under me. I don't painc I downshift and try to steer the car in to the spin that was starting I just about had the car under control when the passnger side back end slams into the curb and sends the car into a spin at that point I was nothing more than a passanger for the ride. The car continues to spin, it does one full turn then the front driver side slams into the concrete dividing barrier and then comes to a stop.
The airbags never deployed. After all was said and done I have a bruised tail bone a couple bruies on my arm and hand and my son had two brusies on his shoulder from his car seat. The back tire was completly bent sideways sticking out the back of the car and the front is smashed in pretty good. Don't know about price or timetable to fix it because of the long weekend holiday and now we have another 12+inches of snow. So I don't know how long the Alty will be out of commmison.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Sorry to hear that, great that your both ok. Do you think it will be a write off, or will it be fixed!Keep us posted. Hope your feeling better soon!

·
Former Alty Owner
2,925 Posts
Sorry to hear of your accident.. glad that you and your son are ok. It wasn't a frontal collision so, unless you had the side airbags, they shouldn't have deployed. I will definitely drive slower then I have been after hearing that.

·
Shift_This
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
scottlny said:
Sorry to hear of your accident.. glad that you and your son are ok. It wasn't a frontal collision so, unless you had the side airbags, they shouldn't have deployed. I will definitely drive slower then I have been after hearing that.
I do have the side airbags.

·
Dazed and confused
289 Posts
Sucks to hear that! There is so much snow out there. Just glad to hear that you and your son are ok. Hopefully this crap will blow over and you can take your car in on tues! :angry2:

·
Registered
48 Posts
I don't know how you people that live back east have the fortitude to stand the winters every year. Hat's off to you. I couldn't do it, but I'm a west coast boy, and I thought 20 degrees in TX was damn cold, but I know that's nothing. I can't imagine the weather being the cause of my alti spinning out and crashing.
Dammit, no one to blame but mother nature:angry4:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts