The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i'm not much for writing detailed documents so this thread will be mostly pictures. I will discuss any problems that I run into but here's what i've done so far.

Here you can see the crack in the flexplate that was causing all that noise.

And this is the air behind all the tools.

·
SHIFT_Wounded
1,684 Posts
hey man, what are all the parts u need 2 do the install? im thinkin bout buyin a M/T at car-part.com and then buyin all the other misc crap aswell, looks tough, have 2 do any drillin or anythin?

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'm not exactly sure yet what all is needed. i have a pretty good idea but i have a whole 5spd car so i have everything already. this sounds like a more expensive way of doing things but i think in the end, after all the parts i've sold/am gonna sell, i'll come out cheaper.

1500 for the car
-350 SE Sides, headlights, spoiler, grille, other misc parts sold.
-300 for the engine.
= 850 for all the 5spd swap parts i need + leather interior + rear disc conversion parts. Plus i'm sure i'll make a lil more on the car before i haul it to the junk yard.

I don't think i've done too bad.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
UPDATE : 8-20-04

Today me and Sola worked on pulling the auto shifter out. We first unhooked the shifter cable and the shift lock cable. The shift lock cable just runs back to the ignition switch. You just remove the little black clip from the switch and the lock pulls right out.

The shifter cable is held in by two bolts in the engine bay right above the steering rack. After i got the shifter cable out, i cut the cable so i could put that plate back on there to cover up the hole. I may also use this opening to run my amp power wire since my previous path will now be used for the clutch master cylinder.

To get the shifter out, you have to drop the cat, or in my case, unbolt the header and let it hang. there are two nuts underneath the car that are hidden by a heat shield. these proved to be a real challenge and i ended up just breaking the plastic piece the shifter is attatched to so i could get an adjustable wrench on the top part. good thing i'm not going back to auto.

Tomorrow we're pulling the engine and tranny out of the black car. pulling both because i'm selling the engine out of it. I'll take pics tomorrow of the progress.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
UPDATE - 8-21-04

The engine and tranny are out of the black car. Everything went pretty smooth. There were a few tricky bolts that were rusted but it was actually a fun day. Some days working on my cars or other peoples cars, i get frustrated and don't have fun.

Anyways, the gear oil looked brand new so no worries about worn gears. The clutch looks a little worn so i'm gonna buy a new clutch kit. Probably just an OEM because I can't justify spending 350 on an ACT when i don't really race. I'm completely happy with launching between 1500 and 2k rpms.

I still have some parts to remove from the black car. Shifter linkage, clutch pedal, brake pedal, clutch master cylinder. I'd say that i'm about 70% done with this whole deal. I also have some cleaning and preparing to do but she's almost there.

Sorry for no pics yet but we were rolling along smoothly today and didn't want to take any breaks. Once we were done it was too dark to take pics.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts