The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all my name is David, and i recently picked up an 06 SER..
Drove it 1300 miles home and now am starting to bring her back up to she can be. I have posted some pics already in my into thread the rest i figured should be in my own build type thread. Hard to say build really as repair and replace a few things, as the car came with Almost everything that can be done to these.
Here is the list i have so far for aftermarket done to this car. Feel free to let me know if i have missed anything or any ideas that you may have.
Racing-line fstb
sts and knob
air intake
headers
2 a pillar pods for vacuum and air fuel ratio neither hooked up correctly
throttle body spacer
solid front motor mount
grill
side mirrors
magnaflow exhaust
eyelids
stainless steel brake lines
I think it has been lowered on tien springs,not sure they are green painted
rear brace x2
upper intake manifold spacer ( how do i tell if its the good one or economy one?)
Had smoked tail lights one busted
Now for the pics,some it wouldn't let me re-post so there are some in my picking up a 06 SER
View attachment 74673

View attachment 74681

View attachment 74689

View attachment 74697

View attachment 74705

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So far i have had the trunk pulled back out.New tail lights and the hood prop with holder. lol Also took off the blue tape and blue brake fluid cover

·
Start The Show - Jet
1,013 Posts
So far i have had the trunk pulled back out.New tail lights and the hood prop with holder. lol Also took off the blue tape and blue brake fluid cover
Is that a stainless brake line or clutch line? Hard for me to tell from that angle...

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out - it's the passenger front - so it's the brake line.

·
Start The Show - Jet
1,013 Posts
2 a pillar pods for vacuum and air fuel ratio neither hooked up correctly

solid front motor mount

rear brace x2
LOL at the pillar pods. They'z haaaaard...

The rear mount is where the money's at... Red Lion - check them out.

Curious about the rear braces - take some pics!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will take some pics tomorrow both are blue Megan racing, but i think they were poorly installed so not sure about them.
First impressions of the car I love it very tourqe in every gear. Cruise's great,and while i like the ride( even with the bad looking shocks) would like to raise it half an inch to inch. I have only scraped the muffler tips so far , but its pulling into my drive which isn't steep or bad.. :(

·
Start The Show - Jet
1,013 Posts
Will take some pics tomorrow both are blue Megan racing, but i think they were poorly installed so not sure about them.
First impressions of the car I love it very tourqe in every gear. Cruise's great,and while i like the ride( even with the bad looking shocks) would like to raise it half an inch to inch. I have only scraped the muffler tips so far , but its pulling into my drive which isn't steep or bad.. :(
Welcome to the world of a lowered car... LOL! I scrape on the road that connects to my driveway nearly every morning. I figured out if I exit the driveway at an angle, I'm OK. i don't get it right every day, though.

Love to see the rear braces - curious what the setup looks like. Thanks for offering to take pics!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Will be getting the trunk cleaned out for those pics in an hour or so. I could use a little clarification please. I've read the egr delete on here, and i have found the egr wiring to put the resistor in but no egr or plate ??
Also the vias block of plate is there but the canister is also can i just unhook this ugly thing and get it out with a cap on the manifold? It is hooked up to 2 vacuum tubes one going to the none working vacuum/turbo gauge,lol the other goes to the bottom side of the fuel pressure gauge that is installed. Thank you

·
Start The Show - Jet
1,013 Posts
If there's a true VAIS block plate, you can remove the canister and all associated rubber lines with that system. The only additional thing you'll need to do it cap the metal stub in the upper intake manifold so you don't have a vacuum leak. Just leave the electrical plug hanging out there or something.

I don't really know what to tell you about the vacuum gauge...

For the EGR delete, I can't tell you much based on the pictures. Could you zoom out a bit?

As a side note, you may want to host your pics on Photobucket or something of the like so you don't run out of attachment space.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
I've been at this for a year, with a number of projects and miscellaneous stuff...and I'm up to about 28MB of attachment. Honestly though, storage is so cheap these days and pictures are SOOO useful for this kind of forum I have a hard time believing you'd get capped at anything less than like 500MB...

·
Registered
127 Posts
I see that the original owner decided to take the vent hose off from the intake and vent to the atmosphere instead. If you start smelling fumes inside or see oil dripping that would be the culprit to check out. You could put a diy catch can in between there instead of venting. Btw nice find, the car looks like it needs some cosmetic TLC but it has a lot of work done to it. As for the manifold spacers the regular and economy have the same uim spacers. The economy elbow and throttle body spacers have different material though. Judging from the picture he went with a different throttle body spacer anyway. Also, just in case you don't already know change that clutch fluid to dot 4 asap.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
rbalti-Thank you for the info, I am planning on running a catch can,and switching up to dot 4
VQ- Its about a foot lower then where you mounted yours,on the very inside corner of the wheel well. Its snowing today so will take a better pic when the weather clears up.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hello, sub'd.

So, the EGR valve is already gone, right?
That black canister is something else, forget what it is called, but not sure if you can remove it. It is ugly, that is why I left my engine cover on LOL.

Did you find a rear bumper cover yet?

·
Premium Member
5,855 Posts
I would get rid of the aftermarket vac guage under the hood and re connect the tube back to the intake manifold, unplug and remove completely the black vac VIAS canister. It is no longer needed and can be safely remove....as long as you cap the small metal vac tube coming out of the intake mainfold above the VIAS plate. It will clean up the engine bay instantly.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I believe it has no egr. Although I dont even see where is was suppose to be. lol .I have not gotten the bumper yet. I would leave the cover on if i had it, lol
I will be removing the VIAS system, the gauge under the hood is fuel pressure. Doubt I need it either.As 4DZC has said will look a lot cleaner without it

·
Registered
58 Posts
VIAS that's what it is called. Yeah I thought about taking the EGR out when I had the SES light for broken cat. Decided not to since it would be another project to do it correctly.
Perhaps the EGR was removed when new headers put on? It has AM headers on it, right? I dont know as much about these thinks as the other dudes on here, but I think it comes out with new headers...

Definitely will look cleaner.

·
Start The Show - Jet
1,013 Posts
I believe it has no egr. Although I dont even see where is was suppose to be. lol .I have not gotten the bumper yet. I would leave the cover on if i had it, lol
I will be removing the VIAS system, the gauge under the hood is fuel pressure. Doubt I need it either.As 4DZC has said will look a lot cleaner without it
Why would you need a gauge for fuel pressure if you don't have a fuel return system? Because RICE? (and I'm not one to throw that term around lightly...)

VIAS that's what it is called. Yeah I thought about taking the EGR out when I had the SES light for broken cat. Decided not to since it would be another project to do it correctly.
Perhaps the EGR was removed when new headers put on? It has AM headers on it, right? I dont know as much about these thinks as the other dudes on here, but I think it comes out with new headers...

Definitely will look cleaner.
Probably due to the headers, yup. If David's car has headers like the ones I have, there's no EGR bung to connect the EGR system back into. EGR Resistor Delete FTW!

There are a few people who added the EGR bung when installing their headers, but I found it to be worthless for my uses.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts