The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, me and my dad talked today and he agreed to help me pay for a g35 coupe 6spd if i sell my I35. I would like this to happen before school starts (month left) so im willing to sell my infiniti for pretty cheap. If anyone is interested, PM me an offer. Im looking to sell it for around $15,000. heres a site with pics :D

http://maxima.cardomain.com/id/maddflasher

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
btw its a 2002 w/ less than 29,000 miles

it has cleared headlights, clearcorners, otto strut bar, addico red painted sway bar, bose, rear sun visor, moonroof, leather, etc.

·
Registered
842 Posts
The list of mods that are mentioned is everything? What model type is it and is there anyway you can take some interior pics of the seats and whatever else you can get, trunk, and wheels up close. I live in Philly but would possibly be willing to purchase from you. I don't know if you time to look into shipping it to Philadelphia but if you could I would appreciate it. I'm in the market for a new car or newer used car. I'm getting tired of my 99 Altima and am looking for something in the lines of you car. If you would like you can email me at [email protected] or AIM me at djredbrownie to continue conversation.
Thanks,
Jared

·
Registered
842 Posts
I was looking at your car on Edmunds.com and noticed that there were (3) recalls on your car and was wondering if you took car of them. Here is the info that I found:
Nature of Defect:
1. FUEL:THROTTLE LINKAGES AND CONTROL Recall Number: 02V043000
Dates Manufactured: JUL 2001 to OCT 2001
Number of Vehicles Affected: 39000
Date Owners Notified On: FEB 2002

Vehicle: 2002 Infiniti I35
Defect Description:
On certain passenger vehicles equipped with an electronic throttle control system, the stopper for the accelerator pedal will prevent excessive movement of the accelerator position sensor. If the driver applies overly excessive force to the accelerator pedal while at the same time pushing it to the right, the pedal can "over travel" due to the design of the pedal stopper.

Consequence of Defect:
This will cause the engine malfunction indicator lamp to come on and the engine speed to be severely limited. If this occurs unexpectedly, it could lead to a crash.

Corrective Action:
Dealers will install a new accelerator pedal stopper. Owner notification began March 11, 2002. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Nissan at 1-800-647-7261 or Infiniti at 800-662-6200.

Nature of Defect:
2. SUSPENSION:INDEPENDENT FRONT CONTROL ARM:LOWER Recall Number: 02V146000
Dates Manufactured: JUN 2001 to JAN 2002
Number of Vehicles Affected: 90500
Date Owners Notified On: MAY 2002

Defect Description:
On certain passenger vehicles, the pin at the end of the front suspension transverse link (lower control arm) could break where it is mounted to the frame.

Consequence of Defect:
This can cause a knocking sound and abnormal steering. This could result in difficulty controlling the vehicle and increasing the risk of a crash.

Corrective Action:
Dealers will replace the transverse links on the left and right sides with new ones. Owner notification is expected to begin during June 2002. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Nissan at 1-800-647-7261 or Infiniti at 1-800-662-6200.

Nature of Defect:
3. ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING Recall Number: 03V455000
Dates Manufactured: JUL 2001 to JUN 2002
Number of Vehicles Affected: 630000
Date Owners Notified On: N/A

Defect Description:
ON CERTAIN PASSENGER VEHICLES, THE CIRCUIT BOARD FOR THE CRANK POSITION SENSOR MAY HAVE AN IMPROPER SOLDER JOINT DUE TO SOLDER DEFORMATION CAUSED BY HEAT STRESS ACCELERATED BY THE EXISTENCE OF FLUX RESIDUE DURING THE SOLDERING PROCESS.

Consequence of Defect:
THIS COULD CAUSE THE "SERVICE ENGINE SOON" WARNING LIGHT TO COME ON, CREATE A NO START CONDITION, CAUSE REDUCED ENGINE POWER, OR CAUSE THE ENGINE TO STOP RUNNING WITHOUT WARNING DURING VEHICLE OPERATION, WHICH COULD RESULT IN A CRASH.

Corrective Action:
DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE CRANK POSITION SENSORS. VEHICLES INVOLVED IN A PREVIOUS RECALL CAMPAIGN, 01V357, ARE ALSO INCLUDED IN THIS NEW CAMPAIGN. THE REPLACEMENT SENSORS USED IN THAT CAMPAIGN ARE ALSO AFFECTED. OWNER NOTIFICATION IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN D

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i read through that, and the only thing i can think of right now that is similar to one of probs you mentioned above is something that happened once as i was pulling out of a gas station. i made a right out of it and for some reason once i started driving straight, my car didnt accelerate as fast as it should. i had to pull over shut the engine down and start it again. that was the only time i've ever had a problem. on the good note, i never had the engine check light come up or service engine soon whatever its called. here are some pics you asked for...

·
Registered
443 Posts
Not a bad price. I was offered 20k for trade in on my 2002 with 41k, however I have every package but navigation. (Winter Package, Sun Package, Sport Package, Rim Upgrade, Winter and summer Infiniti Mats)

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lalalala

1 - 7 of 7 Posts