The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Rally U13
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thanks to the 4a-c, the auto tranny, and the rust, i consider it a beater. a beater with 3 almost-bald tires, shot front right strut, and in need of an alignment.

anyway, here are the pics, courtesy of my new canon a60 in full auto mode.

why it's so slow:

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
ya know an SR would fit in there nicely.

hell, i've even heard of people putting KA's in there due to their abundance of engines from people doing 240 SR swaps.

old car's like that have room and are easy to put other make engines in there.

anyways, it's still a nice drift car. to bad it's auto.

·
The Slow and the Stupid
727 Posts
damn decent lookin car for the age. With a little work it wouldnt be a beater anymore.

·
Rally U13
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
chuck34gboro said:
ya know an SR would fit in there nicely.

hell, i've even heard of people putting KA's in there due to their abundance of engines from people doing 240 SR swaps.

old car's like that have room and are easy to put other make engines in there.

anyways, it's still a nice drift car. to bad it's auto.
oh, i know about swap possibilities. the problem with a car this old is that anything rubber needs replacing; that costs $$$. most of the bushings are shot, the struts need replacing (front passenger side is blown), the wiring is in horrible shape (whoever owned this car before me tried to do some repairs and didn't really know what they were doing), 3 of the tires are unsafe to drive on in the rain, it's rusting really quickly... but it passed inspection:p

right now, all i want to do is fix the rust, get new tires, get an alignment, and fix the wiring, particularly the speaker wiring so the audio doesn't cut out whenever i hit the brakes or turn on the lights. the last thing i want to do is drift with this car. if anything, i'm going to autox with it. the one good thing about it being auto is that driving in d.c. and baltimore isn't as much of a chore as it would be with a 5-speed. yeah, i'm lazy.

actual gt-s corollas are so expensive in this area it isn't funny at all. i can still find <$1k s13s around here, but i haven't seen a <$1k ae86 gt-s around the d.c. area in months. stupid initial-d takumi wanna-be honda owners.

·
The Dude
8,837 Posts
thats actually a really clean ae86. I have a white hatch that I would say is in pretty good condition.....but not as clean as yours.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts