The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went through a touchless carwash today and noticed that my ride leaks! right at the top of the driver side a-pillar where the fuzzy stuff/matting on the roof meets the plastic cover. The windows were all the way up and this is not the first time I go through this specific carwash with my alty. after the wash, the matting on the roof had a nice wet spot. anybody else have this problem?

·
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
TweekersAltima said:
hmm, open u'r door and check the rubber that is on the top part of u'r door, sometimes it pops out and has to be pushed back into it's slot....just an idea
i just checked and there appear to be no loose rubber seals around the door perimeter on the door or on the car.

since the wet spot was on the a-piller (see pic), wouldn't the leak have to be on the car (not on the door)? I've also included a pic of the potenital culprit. I'm not sure if you can tell, but the seal where the roof was spot welded to the sidemember of the car seems to "loose" near the wet spot. this seal is not as rubbery/soft as the others around the door and i think it acts as more of a cover for the welded seam. the problem is that the fitment is poor in that area.

·
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TweekersAltima said:
i bet you that IS the culprit.....take it to the dealer and say u want a new car
lol.. yeah a nice one with those new fancy leather armrests. but in all seriousness.... i hate going back to the dealer, esp for something like this! hopefully it is an easy fix. i'll try and take a closer look in the sunlight tomorrow.:(

·
older then dirt
195 Posts
[ this is not the first time I go through this specific carwash with my alty. after the wash, the matting on the roof had a nice wet spot. anybody else have this problem?

after your car leaked the 1st time, did a lightbulb not go on??
:rolleyes:

·
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Re: my car is leaking...........

lola13 said:
[ this is not the first time I go through this specific carwash with my alty. after the wash, the matting on the roof had a nice wet spot. anybody else have this problem?

after your car leaked the 1st time, did a lightbulb not go on??
:rolleyes:
this IS the 1st time it leaked!:rolleyes:

·
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bakes said:
I think he meant that he's gone throught the car wash before without it leaking...

He's obviously concerned enough about it that he'd never do it twice...
thanks bakes,

well, i was thinking of going through it again :D to see if this was just a one time thing because my car got extremely dirty yesterday. i parked on a construction site and there was a thick coating of dust/sand on my car. they must have been drilling concrete beside my car or something......could barely see through the windsheid. anyway, maybe this mucked up my seals during the wash because the dust got everywhere. i know it's a stretch but i really don't want to have to go to the dealer

·
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Slurppie said:
plus with a high pressure nozzle, the force can break the seal of the sunroof very easily.
but it should still be able to withstand those pressures. a high pressure wash booth is the last step/test cars go through when they comme off the prod line.

i'm just saying this because
1) i don't want nissan to say "u shouldn't do that in the first place"
2) i don't want ppl to be scared of these wahses

·
Banned
3,513 Posts
While waxing my car I noticed that the seal along the roof line is a little loose on mine, also. I always wash by hand so I haven't gone through a high pressure wash system. But I have sprayed water directly at all areas of the car and I do use an air hose to blow off water that gets into the cracks and crevices and I have seen no leaks thus far.
It sounds like it's coming from the windshield area but the sunroof is a good bet, too.
Good luck with the dealership.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Well mine leaked ONE time water ran down the front window while it was raining from the roof. Left the water marks on the inside window and the headliner. THE DEALER DID NOTHING AT ALL. they said Oh... we ran water on your car for 20 min and nothing happened.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts