The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My altima 1998 has a tendency to pull to the right when driving, especially on the highway. I have to constantly compensate by turning the steering slightly left

What could be the problem? is there such a thing as an ajustment for a 'neutral steering position' that i can do myself?

How much to fix? i hope this is nothing major

please help

thanks
http://www.nissantalk.com/registry/users/hungt1999/images/lg_altima1998.JPG

·
IONO_g20_nao!
682 Posts
Just kicking in...

But, I noticed my Altima [1998 GXE], my dad's Infiniti [1996 i30] and my mom's Mercery [1994 Villiger] all seem to pull really really REALLY slightly to the right, nothing huge, but enough to where I have to hold the steering wheel slightly to the left [REALLY lightly, or REALLY barely to the left], or sometimes I don't even notice it when I drive, just notice it when I'm driving with no hands.

Maybe all cars are like that to a certain degree, drifitng a little to the right?

Well, better right than left, right?

^_^;;

·
Registered
318 Posts
nope they also need balance and alignment my friends 1991 si can drive PERFECTLY strait up hils down hills flat ground PERFECT.I HATE HIS CAR FOR THAT LOL

·
Altimaboy
1,726 Posts
You must live where there is a lot of pot holes. Hitting pot holes in the road will tear out the alignment of the suspemsion.

·
Registered
318 Posts
just go to a "Just Tires" they do free alignment checks and do them the right way by factory specs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts