The Nissan Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my check engine light came on so i got some r&s fuel injectorcleanerandnowmycarisaPOS

yep....1st check engine light came on....like a little b4 christmas...didnt think nothing of it....so i said maybe my injectors were dirty so i got some cheap ass r&s strauss injector cleaner added it to a almost empty tank...revved the shit out of it for a while then filled my tank and now its a POS!:angry1:
it was totally fine started right up one morn....took a 3 mile drive in traffic....parked....came back to a POS....i swear....my exhaust pitter pattering like a old bitch...muffler rattling too....engine shaking like a bitch in jail....bouncing up and down between 500 and 1000 rpm's...sometimes lower than 500 like 300....
and when i hit the gas it jolts real nasty....up and down....like ill hold the gas at the same place and one sec it pulls then it jolts back pulls then jolts etc....hasnt got better....and now when i start my shit up in the morn.....and only in the morn....."morning"
it makes a nasty noise but only when its cranking to start....also it doesnt wanna just start up.....i gotta give it some gas for it to start up....this car is starting to bug me out ...its turning into my 87 vw gti...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:angry2
its second b-day was in december with me..."ive had it for 2 years"
and never had nooooooooooooooo probs ...!at all.....just regular maitenence....and i changed the clutch like 2 months ago...and thats another story.....ever since i got my new clutch when i rev high in first or second..like when peeling out....i got a "clank,clank,clankclank,clank" coming from my tranny....but it only happens sometimes....like when i took it to the mechanic it didnt do it....so i said wtf...?
anyway!!!!
solution....=i did madd searches.....and narrowed it down....btw this is just concerning the engine probs not the tranny..
spark plugs/wires.....or fuel injectors/filter.....
any other suggestions??? :confused:

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
what a way to whore my 600th post.....

i havent changed my spark plugs in like 1 and a half nor the wires...thats when i did my last tune up.....i took it to the shop that did my clutch and he couldnt directly point out the prob ...just told me i needed a tune up....and i aint gonna pay him like 180 for some shitty parts for him to tell me i need something else more costly replaced...especially when i can do shit myself....i just wanna make sure the prob is nothing more serious....
thanks boyz u guys always come through for me...peace

·
DRGN4DR
2,128 Posts
but id say replace fuel filter, spark plugs and wires, if that doesnt do it...its gotta be one of the injectors...

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SPL Hertz said:
but id say replace fuel filter, spark plugs and wires, if that doesnt do it...its gotta be one of the injectors...
ok let say i do replace the fuel filter...and the plugs and the wires...what do i do about the injectors??get them professionally cleaned?i know where i get my oil changed they told me i needed to clean them out but that was like 2 years ago....he quoted me like $70....
or do i get them replaced???

·
DRGN4DR
2,128 Posts
altima95seny said:

ok let say i do replace the fuel filter...and the plugs and the wires...what do i do about the injectors??get them professionally cleaned?i know where i get my oil changed they told me i needed to clean them out but that was like 2 years ago....he quoted me like $70....
or do i get them replaced???
he recommended they be cleaned 2 years ago? id say get them cleaned...why replace them if they r still good...

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
he wasnt a mechanic....he was one of those quick oil change guys at a carwash....thats why i didnt take him seriously....well im gonna do the spark plugs/wires first.......then the fuel filter...then i guess get the injectors cleaned....thanks...ill post what happens....

·
Banned
0 Posts
um, you DEFINITELY need a tune-up if you don't want to eventually blow the engine. Spend $100 do a complete tune-up, wires, plugs, cap, rotor, fuel filter, etc. After that, throw in some fuel injector cleaner, the good stuff (do a search, several posts in the last month about this), and that should help like mad.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
prob fixed

heres the story.....
last time i did a tune up..."year and a half ago" i got my plug wires from autobarn...guess what they gave me the wrong ones....they gave me some cheap shit that after driving like 1 day my car started acting funny and i popped the hood and i saw that the left 2 wires were popped up...like 1 3rd of the way...so i pushed them back in and they popped back up...so when i went to change them i tried pulling that one out and the end piece that holds on to the plug stayed at the bottom...so i had a super mission getting that piece out...not to mention it happen to all of them...so when i took the car back to them ....he was like ok i got some auto lites...that are just like stock....so he brought them out i popped my hood to show him what happened he was like ok im gonna get some pliers....he left the new wires...."that he wanted me to pay for" and booked.....i wasnt gonna pay for them after what i was going through....anyway after taking the old ones out and slapping in the autolites my car ran fine.....for this whole time...but i never changed the spark plugs...."duh"....
so today after buying...
spark plugs"ngk" at pepboys...no one could get me platinums or the wires..
wires,cap,rotor,fuel filter,air filter...all at dealer
i went to take out the first plug wire and it just ripped off...
so i changed the first one and second just the wire and the plug....hit the switch and vuala...it was like a new car....
in any case i changed everything else myself...very simple with the right tools and patience.....but the fuel filter was a bitch....

to sum things up..
my car runs like new......and i still gotta slap in the stp fuel injector cleaner....yay.....
autobarn suks ass....never go there unless u know the part number ur looking for.....dont let them recommend shit....
thanks for the help guys....

·
$ make my Engine go Round
487 Posts
cheap ass r&s strauss injector cleaner added it to a almost empty tank
I'm pretty sure that most fuel injector cleaners tell you to throw it in right after filling the tank.

·
Registered
850 Posts
arent you supposed to add that fuel injector cleaner to a full tank. i just bought some stp but havnt put it in yet cuz it says add to full tank and im waiting till i fill up

·
Registered
58 Posts
last time i did a tune up..."year and a half ago" i got my plug wires from autobarn...guess what they gave me the wrong ones....they gave me some cheap shit that after driving like 1 day my car started acting funny and i popped the hood and i saw that the left 2 wires were popped up...like 1 3rd of the way...so i pushed them back in and they popped back up.
This happens if you do not tourqe the plugs properly...not because of cheap plug wires. The plugs are loose enough to alow blow through and the caps on the plug wires act like a cork under pressure.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts