The Nissan Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Hammy
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been following this forum from 18 when I got my 13 Altima 2.5sl with 66k miles! I’m currently at 192k and closing in fast on that 200k mark which I think is insane for a 13 Altima that’s known for transmission problems. I’ve swapped the fluid every 30k since buying the car as per recommendation of this forum so thanks everyone! I made a YouTube video on how it’s held up this far and would love if you guys checked it out!

I’ve tried to keep the car as mint as possible but she’s hard a hard life. T-bones twice on the passenger side and rear ended so hard buy a drunk it shattered the rear quarter windows yet she’s still moving along without a complaint. She’s a survivor.

I also have a video coming up with Nissans “fix” to that stupid hood latch recall that they can’t seem to get right so subscribe if you wanna see that. TEASER: it’s not really a fix, they’re just trying to shift the blame on owners if it happens.

Nissan Altima Owner Review (Good & Bad at 200k Miles)

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Modern hood latches are somewhat complicated devices, I worked on Ford ones and they can be fixed to be rock solid dependable but doing as many as 15 different things to get there. Most of which many people will never grasp. I stupidly wrecked that car to an estimate of $5500 damage and fixed myself for $600 and driving it with zero issues since '08. Reused hood latch on new hood after rebuilding and re-aligning it and works fine.

·
Registered
292 Posts
The trunk lid rust can removed and repainted after removing the chrome trim piece. I did it myself earlier this year on my silver 2014 2.5S with some fine grit sandpaper, rubbing compound, and touch up paint. I should've taken before and after photos but I'm pleased with the results. Unless you look really close you can't tell that there had ever been any rust there.

·
Hammy
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The trunk lid rust can removed and repainted after removing the chrome trim piece. I did it myself earlier this year on my silver 2014 2.5S with some fine grit sandpaper, rubbing compound, and touch up paint. I should've taken before and after photos but I'm pleased with the results. Unless you look really close you can't tell that there had ever been any rust there.
idk why my brain slipped and I didn’t think of that!!!! I have all those items including the touch up paint.Im gunna do that this week then thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts