The Nissan Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Who's Next?
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
awhile back i told you guys my car was squeeking real bad when i turned the steering wheel, so my mechanic ordered a new power steering pump thinking that was the problem, but he told me that he would save me some money and try to tension the belts or pulleys, so he tightened the bolt on the alternator and guess what it went away, but a few days after that i turned my car on and it sounded like it wanted to turn off, and when i slightly gave it gas it sounded weak, kinda like it was choking, but once i reved it hard it went away and it sounded normal. but has been doing it for awhile now, i decided to get fuel injector cleaner and put 89 rather than 91 to see if it was the injectors or the fuel filter, and it still did it, so the next thing i did was fix the timing, my timing was all the way down after i changed a rubber gasket on the distributor cause it was leaking and i nevr put it back to its correct setting. so i put it in the middle i have no timing gun so i had to guess, but my cars take off is crazy now, it peels out, now i know thats not good but for now i dont have a timing gun, isnt suppose to be at 20??? anyways my question is why would my car still after the timing adjustment, the tensioning of my belt the fuel injector cleaner still feels like its going to turn off until i rev it hard and it goes away???? :confused: anyone?? could it be my fuel filter? fuel pump? fule injectors? or the battery? alternator?? dirty CAI filter??? please anyone who might know what im experiencing??? :confused:

·
Registered
245 Posts
I've had a similar problem for a long time as well. When I start my car it almost wants to die.. I have to rev it (not too hard; to 1500 rpms or so) for a few seconds and when I let go it idles just fine.. For me it's a timing related issue I think. I adjust the timing and the car runs fine for a while.. after a few weeks the symptom returns...

Chris

·
Who's Next?
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i mean retard i think, i dont know, if you move it down or up. i moved it exactly in the middle. i mean the screw is in the middle of the the gap where it can be move up and down. so im more concern on why my car soudds like it chocking until i rev it. i just added that timing adjustment cause i was thinking that was affecting it since it was all the way down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts