The Nissan Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i took it easy on the car, long past the break in period, and finally got to take the car out for a drive, and daaaaaaaaaaammn, the first "balls to the wall" launch i tried from a stop, i couldnt hold on, I swear i couldnt keep the car straight, just soooo much power, i love it :D:D:D. I also tested out its handling abilities, i didnt max that out yet, cause i dont have a track, but i have a favorite turn, its a very very long right hand turn that i can usually do 60-75 in my focus zx3, but with the altima i easily pulled off 110... km's of coarse. I love this car......

·
Disproportionate Member
716 Posts
Nice! How many kms do you have on the car now? (Just wondering how long you waited to "push it")

·
Registered
865 Posts
Aquineas, I only had 450 miles on mine when I autocrossed it for the first time....but I do wish I had waited a bit longer. The good thing about the 5 speed is you can run it at the same speed in different gears to break-in at different rpms. Since my commute is at a fairly constant speed at either 40 of 60, I would recommend using 2nd through 5th in the 40 range and 3rd through 5th at 60mph to vary the rpm.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Shefx, you will learn that you can use the power to help you through right hand 90 degree turns, but it will fight you through left turns....especially from a stop. Just watch oversteer on the right turns...you can easily end up dipping the right front wheel off into the grass if not prepared.

·
Registered
432 Posts
The main reason you couln't kepp it straight in because of the really bad Torque Steer. But we all live with it.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have 7000 km's on mine, my dealer told me not to do anything before 1500, and not to do anything real fun until 3500, so i doubled it. But about the torque steer, i honeslty find it rather fun :D

·
Banned
559 Posts
shefx said:
, but i have a favorite turn, its a very very long right hand turn that i can usually do 60-75 in my focus zx3, but with the altima i easily pulled off 110... km's of coarse. I love this car......
Get some Eibach sportlines and you can take the turn at a higher speed!

·
TALL member
11,882 Posts
i test drove a 2002 a few weeks ago with 100 somethin miles on it.....i beat the shit outta that car on the test drive...the car salesman guy was really cool. My next car is either the 04 max or an 03-05 altima 3.5SE

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Re: My first "real" drive in my 3.5 se

Primer said:
Get some Eibach sportlines and you can take the turn at a higher speed!

that would be nice, but i think 110 is fast enough, until i get some classes, then i might consider it.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Re: Re: Re: My first "real" drive in my 3.5 se

shefx said:
that would be nice, but i think 110 is fast enough, until i get some classes, then i might consider it.
110 km/hr is 68 mph. Assuming it is a fairly sharp curve/off ramp? Don't lift throttle or brake mid-turn! Off to work.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no it wasnt an off ramp, it wasnt very sharp either, its just a LONG ASS curve, fairly sharp, but not really too sharp my guesstimate would be about 50 degrees, but then again, i aint that bright, so dont hold it against me.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yah it would be fine with me too, you might do some unnessecary damage to the engine, because you are going fast and not even racing, but it would be fun

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mattman said:
is it ok for me to drive aggressive every time I drive my car- like over 4000-5000rpm on almost all takeoffs?
Well, aside from the basics like more wear on the drivetrain and tires, it shouldn't make that much of a difference as long as you're not doing this before the engine has warmed up. :angel1:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts