The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have recently installed a injen intake. it sounds all deep and stuff but when i let off the gas really fast and when i shut the car off i can hear this WHISTLING SOUND for about 1 or 2 seconds.
Anyone else with this or tell me why this is happening?? thanks

·
Registered
112 Posts
Sorry, couldn't tell you what the whistling is, but I'm interested in that particular intake. I have a Stillen Intake myself, but was looking into a traditional CAI. Can you describe the added performance? Also, where did you get yours, and how much. AIM HIGH!!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have ordered mine from southwest auto works for 229.00 . You can actually feel a difference in throttle response, car is a bit more peppier, also the intake looks damn pretty also the sound is deep especially in high rpm's. I'm still trying to figure out about that whistling sound though..

·
master of the custom cai
885 Posts
my buddys impala does the same thing after we put his intake on, its normal, its like the engines "final breath" when u turn it off

·
Registered
953 Posts
g-cia35,

I have a INJEN RACE DIVISION intake also. That sound you hear is also what I hear. But what like what turbonismo said its like the car taking its final breath. I was worried what that sound was also. But its pretty normal.

·
*Really New Member*
1,095 Posts
its normal...my old accord did that when i shut off my car..a last gasp of air before it shutted down..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts