The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Illest in Nebraska
1,168 Posts
shek, did you get my pm ?? are you apinting the interior, the dash looks grey, what's the deal, ohh and the part on the door looks tight

·
altimas.net OG
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i got it...check ur AOL mail...assassin....

-shek

·
Registered
243 Posts
looks real good man...did you paint the steering wheel or was it already black? I am also painting the wood dash silver and having a hell of a time. I cant get it smooth and looking good. Did you take the vents out? some are screwed in but others I cant figure it out how to get them out. good job

·
altimas.net OG
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
vindeisel said:
looks real good man...did you paint the steering wheel or was it already black? I am also painting the wood dash silver and having a hell of a time. I cant get it smooth and looking good. Did you take the vents out? some are screwed in but others I cant figure it out how to get them out. good job
they thanx for the compliment:)

just go use real light coats...come out smooth!

yea i took my vents out..if they are not screws they are little clip like thingies...i assume u are talkin bout the driver and passenger side vents...real easy just take ur time and they Pop out...

MAKE SURE U REMOVE THE STICKERS! the little stickers by the vents...so u dont paint over them...

if u need more details i can take my dash out again and take pix...

tomorow i gotta do it any way..putting neons beheind my vents..i knoe RICE watever....:rolleyes:

-shek

·
Registered
243 Posts
koga said:

they thanx for the compliment:)

just go use real light coats...come out smooth!

yea i took my vents out..if they are not screws they are little clip like thingies...i assume u are talkin bout the driver and passenger side vents...real easy just take ur time and they Pop out...

alright thanks, ive been using really light coats and this thing keeps cracking!! Ive done most of my interior now and came out real good but this peice is coming our like hell!!

tomorow i gotta do it any way..putting neons beheind my vents..i knoe RICE watever....

im doing that shit to, i think it looks sick, are you making a toggle switch??

thanks bro

·
Registered
15 Posts
I want a black steering wheel....did you just paint that junk, or did you go out and get it somewhere (I wouldn't even know where to look)...Also whats up with that drop? Don't you bottom out when you hit a pebble?

·
altimas.net OG
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea gotta have a switch..cuz cops..u know....yea im gonna put a few switches in the compartment under the steering wheel..

-shek

·
altimas.net OG
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no my steering wheel was always that color...

gavin--yea bro tell me where in jerse u can meet up...we'll mess with our cars a bit...some installs and what not...

-shek

·
altimas.net OG
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yea im sure u could..but i wouldnt paint it...that will ruin the feeling of it....prolly dye it..but wont look all that great....i dunno...

-shek

·
Illest in Nebraska
1,168 Posts
I've heard about dying the dash and steering wheel before but tht was all I read, I couldn't find any othe infor on how to do it or what kinda dye to use

·
1,894 Posts
koga said:
gavin--yea bro tell me where in jerse u can meet up...we'll mess with our cars a bit...some installs and what not...

-shek
I'm in North Arlington. Do you go to any schools around here? I think I remember you saying you're from Kearny or something. Anyway, lemme know.

·
altimas.net OG
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
zek-ss

there are vinyl and plastic dye available...go to ur local auto shop...im sure they got it!...just remember to use somethng to remove oil from the surfaces....use Windex...its works good...later

-shek

·
Playing PS2
456 Posts
Hey Koga what is the exact name of the stuff you used to paint your dash???

Pillage

·
altimas.net OG
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
pillage said:
Hey Koga what is the exact name of the stuff you used to paint your dash???

Pillage
wassup pillage

hey its straight up silver paint i bought from k-mart......i used krylon primer and krylon clear coat...i hear foiltec makes the best paint around...

-shek

1 - 20 of 28 Posts