The Nissan Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2002 altima on feb01,02. on feb25,02 we noticed oil dripping.Long story short,My new car is in the shop sincemarch04.
the dealership says there is a factory defect and they received a new engine but there is no gaskets since the engine is so new so they are trying to order a long block.I am devastated.I have always bought Toyota and was afraid to buy Nissan.Now look.I called consumer affairs at nissan on weds. The girl was very rude and said I would hear something within 24 hours! Still nothing.I want my money back.Is anyone else experiencing thi problem?
Please reply,
I am heartbroken

·
Registered
432 Posts
Your Problem!

I don`t know why women are RUDE to other Women. This sort of thing has happened with my daughter over other things. That is another story.

My 2K2 SE is my 4th Altima and I have had 3 Hondas(they are OK but) My mother had a new Toyota that rusted out in5yrs.

I love my V6 and the power etc. I can`t imagine anyone being devestated like you claim; however I believe you (women talking to women) OK.

Nissan have turned their company from red to billions in profits.

Now having said that , I would suggest that you call Nissan again ( have someone that can demand service, maybe a male friend) Believe me it can work. Also the dealer will perform wonders when a stern person demands service.

The Car is less than a month old, I want a new CAR, I want a new Car. BE STERN> Just trying to help.........

Thi

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
5,804 Posts
The Rat

I am with Ratwayne 100%!!!!!!! It will work. Especially if you go into the show room every day and tell all of the customers about it too

·
Frozen Member
411 Posts
yep - be nasty to them if you want a new car, cause they'll do the same to you. Maybe even threaten with a lawyer, or even bring a consumer lawyer along. It's all about the snaps, nothing personal.

·
Registered
113 Posts
unleaded said:
yep - be nasty to them if you want a new car, cause they'll do the same to you. Maybe even threaten with a lawyer, or even bring a consumer lawyer along. It's all about the snaps, nothing personal.
Tell everyone, mention that the media is interested in your story....they don't want bad publicity. I would do the squeaky wheel thing..you know, call and call often, and like a sqeaky wheel, they'll get tired after awhile and give you what you want (oil to stop the sqeak) so you'll quit squeaking and go away...lol.

Kevin

·
Always something better
1,037 Posts
Call up Nissan and ask them who they want in their first, and then pick a news channel, all the channels have some sort of "problem solvers" tell them in a nice way new engine or new car, hell I would take a new engine not a new block, ask them to drop in the Maxima engine with 255 or the new G35 engine that has 260:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.