The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Big balla
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it came with the monsterflow filter, and im pretty sure everything is installed right its just that when i had the wai it was louder then it is now, i dunnno if its just the thick ass monsterflow filter or what, but i miss the loud growl of it, could it be a seal or somethin, cuase i remember that on the sensor you were supposed to put locktite or somethin but i never did that, and only one screw would stay in for it so it could be letting air in there but i dunno help me out.

·
Big balla
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Carnegee79 said:
Do you have an aftermarket exhaust?
2.25 inch piping and a straight thru muffler why?? o yeah would it make a difference if i put the silecer in backpressure wise/performance wise? and i put the silencer back in yester day to test it out and see how loud the cai was and it wasnt loud thats why im posting.

·
Nissan God
12,955 Posts
u took of all the resonators and stuff right? i dont see how it could be an softer than a wai, if anything a PR cai has a nasty growl to it

·
Spilled the Shashum?
406 Posts
Yea man, mine has a nice growl to it, I don't have anything to compare it to tho man, like a wai. Maybe the filter??? I donno cause I have the kn filter on mine

·
Retired
1,021 Posts
With my PR CAI and K&N filter, it was just a bit louder than stock. Noticeable, but not very significant.

·
1,297 Posts
Carnegee79 said:
you dont really expect to hear it with a performance muffler on your car, do you?

He has a silencer, they do quiet the muffler down .
You can hear some peoples intake even if they have exhaust.

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
make sure you floor it...mine wasn't noticable till I stomped on the gas. This was awesome cuz for long trips, I wouldn't get hypnotized by the growl.
Jae

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
I have virtually the same setup. My exhaust and header sure drown out the sound of the pr cai. But it was definitely there initially. the motor mounts don't help either.

·
Shadetree Mechanic
6,095 Posts
I used to be able to hear my Stillen before I put my Greddy on and now I can't hear shit:( I'm going to get the h/s cai. Anybody have it? Will it be louder than my stillen?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts