The Nissan Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
OG
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tires that is (THIS IS NOT A FLAREARROW BASHING THREAD)
yeah i bought my wheels from flare ummm musta been like 2 months ago and i inspected them and everything and they were perfect
i check them today and the fronts are basically the same (about a 6mm depth in the ridges) but the back is bare ! they were equal when i bought them(front and back) !!!!!!!!!! i can barely fit my fingernail in the depth, theyre like slicks
my tires were rotated from how flare had em on his car, front to back and aligned

could it be my suspenion ? my rear suspension jumps from SIDE TO SIDE when i hit a bump (had a thread on this : SUSPENSION BASICS)

anyone got any 205/55/16 tires(2) that they could drop for like $40-50 ?

·
OG
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rush0 said:
stop doing donuts to impress your GF =P'
im solo right now ... but the brunette in he red 90' 200sx v6 sure seems to like em ! heh

no im just j/k ... i wanted to take these tires down to florida this summer cause they still had mad thread ... so i was savin em ... now i f-in need new rear tires

seriously ... except for a few very short red light take offs(the fronts) ive done nothing to hurt these things

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
OK, that is weird that the rears balded and the fronts are fine. Something in the rear (suspension or alignment) is out of whack.

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts

·
OG
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it seems that the outside wore faster then the inside ... yet they are almost even ... the inside having maybe 1/2 a millimeter more
there are no patches, no places as if i had skidded ... just an even wear (except for the inside to outside)

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
hold on, lemme check something on the sears website

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
Caster
A wheel alignment term referring to the angle of the steering axis in relation to an imaginary vertical line through the center of the wheel when viewed from the side

Camber
Slight inward or outward tilt of the top of a wheel. A common wheel alignment angle

Toe
Wheel alignment term defining the difference in measured distance between the front and rear of tires on a common axle.

Thrust Angle
The wheel alignment angle formed by the vehicle's geometric centerline and the actual direction the rear wheels are pointing

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
I think you have a camber problem

·
OG
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
shit shit SHIT! ... i dont want to fix this old suspension .. or get another ****in alignment ... i was just about to order dz's and kyb's with the next paycheck ! (and now tires i see)

lets see :
dz's ... $160
kyb's ... $270 (with lucK)
alignment ... $60
2 new tires ... $140 (with A LOT of luck)

total : $630 ! ... FUUUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKK !!! thats all i'll have WITH the upcoming paycheck !

anyone got 2 205/55/16 tires i can KILL while i make more money ?!

·
Dreamer
2,712 Posts
get some used tires. Go down to the junk yard and take a look. Shouldn't cost more then $30 for 2.

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
chickenwing, I got some tires I can give to you for FREE, BUT there's a catch. These tires are my old stock set of Firestone Firehawks.... THE RECALLED FIREHAWKS. I can't guarantee what might happen if you ride on them, but if you want you can have them.

·
OG
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thank you for your generous offer but
1. i really couldnt ...
2. i need them to last me a while (and while my bf-goodrich's suck in wet traction, they have good tire wear)

so i think im just gonna go back to stock steelies, im also probably gonna do what i wrote u about cause im strapped for cash and im gonna need it this summer

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts

·
OG
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
to say "financially strapped" is to be very kind :D
i have $309.97 in my account ... $56 cash in my wallet and about 15 pounds of change

now heres the problem (fearng the upcoming day)
-credit card statement
-cell phone bill
-insurance for da car

also in order for me to keep running these rims i need to do my suspension ... while for the 15's i dont

dont think selling them is easy for me to do ... im just seriously living "outside of my means"

maybe if u get bored of those nice rotas ill buy the off u in a year? :D

oh ... and thanx for the search in tirerack ... i did one too

1 - 16 of 16 Posts