The Nissan Club banner

My transmission Is broken Nissan Altima 2012

978 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  TOP SPEED 
#1 ·
Long story short .... I was driving around, stopped at a red light, light turned green I pressed the gas pedal, and than the pedal just stopped working engine light came and my Nissan Altima 2012 just Studerd.. it wouldn’t move.. it didn’t shut off it just wouldn’t go.. I pulled over .. put it in park.. than tried it again put it in drive, it started to move and than again it’s like it hiccuped and stopped.. I turned back around and went home as slow as I was going it felt like eternity .. my mechanic did the code reading on it and it gave me 12 codes... after some research came to the conclusion it was the transmission.. my brother and I figured it was just the solenoid that we’re bad so was about to replace the valve body to not worry about the hassle of checking each solenoid.. after removing all of the transmission fluid from it, found chunks of metal shard at the transmission pan.. the shards almost look like the transmission belt but I can’t really tell because there broken obviously.. has anyone else had this problem? If so what did you do? And how much did it cost I’m trying to brace myself ...

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.