The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Just a regular guy
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone just one question, Can I run my 10:5.1 comp pistons on stock rods safely or do I need to upgrade everything cause rods are a grip and dont feel like spending the money right now, plus still got to get the computer upgraded?

·
Import Tech.
4,670 Posts
I am running stock rods , they were reconditioned ballanced and fitted with ARP rod bolts , if you plan on just running 10.5:1 and basic cams they will be fine ..., I turn mine to the 7000 rev limiter all the time and have no problems .....Remembering that a basic 10.5:1 , cams and boltons is the same power level as a 7 lb. F-Max turbo kit .... And they have had no rod problems on the stock engines , even at 10 lbs !! ( and boost is more abuse than NA ! ).....If you have any plans on NOS , upgrade !!! And yes , run a JWT ECU with the 10.5:1 program !!!

·
Just a regular guy
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There has been alot of post in here before regarding built motor performance so I ask here cause I deal with alot more honda motors than nissan and needed some more information on the subject + people like u that dont add anything to the topic but noise that just like to hear yourself talk. So keep comments that dont relate to the topic out please.

J

·
0 Posts
topspeed02 said:
There has been alot of post in here before regarding built motor performance so I ask here cause I deal with alot more honda motors than nissan and needed some more information on the subject + people like u that dont add anything to the topic but noise that just like to hear yourself talk. So keep comments that dont relate to the topic out please.
ahhh that feels good

1 - 11 of 11 Posts