The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wat is the best way to race an automatic car???, i have the 2003 altimas 2.5s, is there more too it then stepping on the gas!!

·
Retired
1,021 Posts
(press OD button), brake torque, 1->2->3->press OD button and then....cut the wheel and pull the parking brake as high as it'll go

Consider getting a torque converter and valve body kit

·
Registered
899 Posts
dee27kay, who are the predominent torque converter makers for these cars? Aftermarket TC's give the auto's clear advantages over the sticks, both on the street and at the strip. Yank and Precision Industries are the most popular for the LS1's, but they don't have applications for Nissans. Any ideas?

·
Registered
899 Posts
HondaKillah said:

Any input, dude, or are you just posting pics of public storage?

·
Incognito
6,134 Posts

·
VTEC wont save you....
6,411 Posts
DP03 said:
You can keep the stuffy 3.5 attitude in the 2002 forums.He asked what he can do,and besides i/e,the only way to get quicker is VB and TC on an auto.I gave my input.:flip::flip:

I am NOT the one you want to fawk with.Thanks and drive through.:)

·
Registered
899 Posts
HondaKillah, chill out. I just saw your reply with no text and didn't know what you were posting. BTW, they're LOTS of things other than VB and TC that make autos quicker.......porting heads and changing cams would give much better results than tranny changes (lots of work, though). Intake manifold. ECU programming does wonders, also (when are we going to get an Edit program?). Not to mention pulleys, lighter flywheel, or anything else that decreases rotating mass. And lots of suspension changes that'll be required on a FWD car once the power is found. And the often overlooked factor....weight. Most guys with FWD don't get hardcore enough to start stripping their cars, but weight is extremely important. I can't begin to tell you the sh!t the F-body guys pull outta their cars once they get serious!! Anyway, no offense intended.

cthunder, thanks for the link. Do they let you specify what stall you want and the STR (stall torque ratio)? I think it's real important to know what they're building before buying. Would you consider selling your stock converter?

For you auto guys, here's a link to the converter site that I use for my SS. Check out the "Tech Talk" section.....

www.converter.cc

Within that site: http://www.converter.cc/technical_discussion.htm

·
I ♥ speedbumps
2,196 Posts
he's a hardcore e-badass. watch out. :cool:

·
Incognito
6,134 Posts
DP03: for protorque, Im sure they'll let you decide the stall torque ratio, and I know level ten wants to know specifically your mods, and what you plan to do with it.

·
VTEC wont save you....
6,411 Posts
Still sounds like you were trying to be a comedian.But you stated your take on it.Lets leave it at that.

he's a hardcore e-badass. watch out.
Was that directed at me...or were you trying to be funny?

·
I ♥ speedbumps
2,196 Posts
no, I just like to post random thoughts that may seem relevant to the discussion that is taking place in the thread, but are instead, just apparent humor. :)

·
donor cycle
14,572 Posts
hondakillah, I think it was directed at you and I chuckled :cool:

·
I ♥ speedbumps
2,196 Posts
Rick, are you going to SCO when it opens back up? I should have some goodies by then. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts