The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
SUCK MY HAIRLESS GONADS!
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a court date on feb. 13th for a reckless driving ticket going 88 in a 65. i need to find a lawyer really quick. the court date is fast approaching. please help if you can.

·
SUCK MY HAIRLESS GONADS!
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
damn it.....i thought someone had good news for me

·
EL Baja-Panti
127 Posts
It wont be that bad !

Hey man i had almost the same thing, i got a ticket doing 90 on a 55 speed limit, this was on 495 by telegraph rd exit.
the cop said that hell have a good word in for me with the judge for being cooperative and stopping, he said usually people run away or try to.
so they give the date and it lands on a holiday sometime in november, so i go there and they tell me that they are closed so theyll postpone the date and theyll let me know in the mail, Well i waited and got nothing til i called on january the 1st and they tell me I missed court and the judge made the ruling and i argued that i didnt get nothing in the mail and they said "well you should of been more concerned" which is true but im very mail dependant so i forgot so the ruling was as follows:

No jail time even though in fairfax county they say its almost automatic jail-time if you go over 90 mph.(over 90 is reckless driving)

And a fine of $1057.00 and thats because i didnt show up or else it would have been like $600.00

So i have to pay that so my license can be reinstated, but there payment plans for tickets under $500......

So i think you wont be as bad as me, plus this was my first ticket EVER so i think that kinda helped, they said it could of been worse.

So just show up in suit and tie and acting like you regret it and hope the judge is cool....i think a lawyer is a waste of money cause its not like there gonna prove that you didnt speed there just there looking pretty too the judge you already got caught doing 88 and the freking lawyer aint gonna be proving shit or defending you in any way, theyll just ask the judge to be easy on you which is something you can do youself.....

P.S whos that shorty posing with your car? not bad.....i like them petite ones like that sometimes..:cool:

·
I'll kick your a**
396 Posts
Did you try to sign up for a defensive driving class to make yourself look good infront of the judge... it is more proof that you are "sorry" for your heavy foot. I got out of 3 tickes that way...

You might still have time, it only cost $50 here in Va Beach. and my class was only like 6 hours of a Saturday...

·
SUCK MY HAIRLESS GONADS!
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks everyone for the advice and help. my dad found a lawyer that costs $350 and says it should be no problem getting it reduced. also i don't have to appear in court. he will handle everything. is this a good idea? is $350 a fair price?

damn poppabear78 you got shit on. that sucks man. i feel like i'm in better shoes than you but you never know.

·
SUCK MY HAIRLESS GONADS!
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that girl in my sig my girlfriend

·
Throw em up
480 Posts
hey d_angel, you know if there are any of those classes in the DC area (SoMD or NoVA)? I gotta go to court for reckless driving and im tryin to do everything to get that shit down

·
I'll kick your a**
396 Posts
I'm not sure about the DC area, your best bet is to look on the internet or check out the local DMV, they should have information about where you can sign up for . Defensive Driving Classes

You don't drive, you just sit in a class and your supposed to go from "agressive" driver to a "defensive" driver. The teacher down here knows my name by heart already. It is boring... but worth it when it comes to saving your driving lisc.

·
22,052 Posts
In VA go to www.iwillnotspeed.com I am not kidding.

It's an online traffic school. I think it was $49.95 for 3 good points. You take a few online quizes, then you go to a MailBoxesEtc store and take a 5 minute test. I did it. It saved me from some trouble.

Do it now, before court. You're gonna get points, you know it, so it will help, and maybe get the judge to help.

Oh, I pray you don't get Judge Paul.

·
EL Baja-Panti
127 Posts
Well a lawyer will charge you $350 but then youll still have to pay the fine the judge gives you which i hope its not like mine, but it'll prolly be like $250.......so that lawyer and fines your paying and do what peterson saiys go to a school and that way you showing the judge that your sorry........
yeah hope you get a good judge man !!!!! that counts alot....

·
SUCK MY HAIRLESS GONADS!
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
'm gonna try that website. do you think i need to be there in court. the lawyer said that he would handle it. that i didn't need to come.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts