The Nissan Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I need an advice.

My altima sometimes loses power (going to stall out) and turns on Service Engine Soon light. I went to the dilership and they find out MAF sensor failure. They ask $600 to change it. I found this part on the junkyard for $175. Can I change it myself? Should I calibrate it after installation or something like this?

Please, help me
Thank you

·
Nissan God
14,424 Posts
is it just the sensors or is it like the actual MAF(big black squarish thing that connects to your airbox)? i think its relatively easy to take it apart. im not quite sure exactly what u need to replace

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dilership called it Mass Air Flow Meter, but they refused to show me where it is (they said I didn't pay for this >:-( ). Because of the prise $597=$537(part) + $60(labor) I think this is 'big black box' just after airbox. When I asked them why my car running good except of sometimes failures, they say it partly broken. I read about this part in the repair manual and saw it - this is the piece of tube with wire in it. Can it be partly broken?

·
Resistance is futile
5,820 Posts
vitalil said:
Dilership called it Mass Air Flow Meter, but they refused to show me where it is (they said I didn't pay for this >:-( ). Because of the prise $597=$537(part) + $60(labor) I think this is 'big black box' just after airbox. When I asked them why my car running good except of sometimes failures, they say it partly broken. I read about this part in the repair manual and saw it - this is the piece of tube with wire in it. Can it be partly broken?
Yeah, you can do that stuff without even getting dirty. And when you leave the dealership, be sure to tell them that, while they didn't pay for it, you're gonna show them your middle finger....

·
Dad
384 Posts
First off - go to a different dealer, you shouldn't have to put up with that crap. You can try cleaning your current maf with some spray carb cleaner. If that doesn't work it is an easy install, and the computer should do all the calibration for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.