The Nissan Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 2012 Altima 2.5. Throttle response is bad when starting the car in morning. RPM keeps increasing but speed is not picking up. After 10-15 mins of driving, it gets better. Please advice.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Hi,

I have a 2012 Altima 2.5. Throttle response is bad when starting the car in morning. RPM keeps increasing but speed is not picking up. After 10-15 mins of driving, it gets better. Please advice.
Three things that might help you.

1. Don't start you car in the morning, wait till afternoon. You car is not a morning car.
2. Start you car 10-15 minutes earlier than normal.
3. Have a Nissan dealer check out your CVT.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Cars aren't "morning cars" or "afternoon cars" they should start when we need them to and run fine. Go to the nissan dealer and have them check out your CVT, that's the only thing it could be that I could think of.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi,

You can try to clean the throttle body and the mass air flow sensor with CRC products. Maybe you have build up. If you touch the throttle body valve then you will have to re-learn the throttle body function (not a big deal). You can do it manually or go to a shop to do it for you. It does not take long and if it is a trusty mechanic they might not charge you. Also, you can use a bottle if BG44K injector cleaner. One of the most effective on the market. That should help too. You can find it on Amazon for about $20-25. Use on full tank.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
Sounds more like a transmission issue than a throttle body, no?

·
Registered
120 Posts
This sounds normal to me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts