The Nissan Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have gold trim around my windows...grill and back badges

Im wanting to change them out to silver....is there a easy way that i can do it myself w/o having to pay someone to do it for me??

Or do you think I should just leave it as is to save the trouble and headache

id appreciate feedback...thx guys....

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
the gold plating option is somewhat expensive and If you swap it all out to silver, you will be wasting a good amount of money. What color is your car? Swapping the grille and badges is no problem. The grille badge comes off with two screws and the rear badges come off with a hairdryer. Those will be a direct swap. the molding around the windows will be a bit of a pain. I would probably leave that to a pro.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I think it would look better if your car was black but if I was you I would just leave them the way it is and save yourself money, time and trouble. Spend that money on buying something else for the car

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
U guys havent?? i thought it was a common thing....

heres a few pics of my car....

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ty...yea i wasnt a fan of the gold trim either.....but it came with the car and with the white pearl in person it does look nyce...

the reason I wanted to change it out tho is cuz i plan to get rims and i think the gold trim and rims would clash....BTW wut tyle of rime would U guys recomend seeing that i have the gold trim if i were to just keep it??

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
U mean like the ones that come on the wrx's?

sorry but i think those are OOOgly

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
You know, I'm not a big fan of gold plating on a car (unless it's a Cadi) but it actually looks a lot better then I thought it would...

You can always just get chrome wheels that have a little gold trim on the center cap or something... that wouldn't look bad

·
Registered
113 Posts
Shit, if you think the gold trim is bad you should be glad you didn't get the gold trim/rag top combo. I work in Boca and I've seen a few and to me those things are hideous. Doesn't even look like an Altima anymore and doesn't even look as old dude pimp as a ragtop Cadillac. I say you tint your windows dark as hell, get some chrome rims and just ride with the gold trim in full on pimp mode and forget about the sporty tuner look.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts