The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2001 Altima windows Have taken a Crap on me :angry2: The stupid Plastic Guide has broken and is now making the steel wire tangle up inside and jam. Its Making it Impossible for me to lower or rase my windows with out having the windows jam half way now...

All three windows are dead now, and the driver's side window is the only one that works. and the only reason for that is because I had it replaced after that one broke.

Does anyone know if the dealer will replace these at no charge or will I have to pay for them to be repaired. The only reason I ask is because when I was going to get the driver side replaced, they wanted to charge me $80 to just look at it and see what the problem was when I already knew the problem. So I found a place that had the part and did it for $60 installed, were as I would have had to pay $75 for part and whatever they would have charge me for them to install it....

This really suck because I like my car but it looks like Nissan used craptastic parts when they built mine and I really don't want to have to pay for there cheap @$$ parts....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is ur car still under warranty? if so, the dealer should cover it. if not, good luck.
Nope I think that the warranty is no longer good for me :confused: But Ill have to look into it because that just BS that a 2001 altima is already having problems with the windows, and I have not used them that many times.

Either way they have to be replaced :angry4: And I don't have the funds right now to replace them.

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
18,041 Posts
ummmmmm if you have under 36,000 miles and 3 yrs, you have the warranty... how hard is it to look at the speedometer to find out?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ummmmmm if you have under 36,000 miles and 3 yrs, you have the warranty... how hard is it to look at the speedometer to find out?
It isn't that hard to look at the Speedo. I know I have under 27,800 miles on my car, But The problem was I. Got my Car Used from an auction and When I was told the car was still under warranty but would have to ask the Nissan dealer about it.

When I took it in to the Nissan dealership and asked about the warranty they said it was covered only up to 23,000 or 25,000 miles on the car?

I'm going to either have to drive down to the dealer tomorrow or give them a call and find out for ceartain. Plus I don't know what the actual warranty cover's since I never got any of the Nissan paper work when I got the car :confused:

Also thanks for the info you guys are providing me with :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
The warrenty still works.

I called the Nissan dealership when I first bought my car one year ago. They said the warrenty follows the VIN number instead of the driver.

Good Luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool thanks guys :) I'm going to go down to the dealership tomorrow and have them repair it then...

Also they shouldn't charge me a dime for taking a look at it should they? Since its still under warranty all the work they do to it should be free? Just asking because I don't want to get charge for something I don't need to pay for if its still covered by the warranty.

Will post my results when I get them....

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
18,041 Posts
if its under warranty they shouldn't.... if they do, tell them to show you proof that the InService Start Date is longer than 3 yrs.

it starts from the 1st day someone originally bought the car.

·
Resident NICO Mod
5,972 Posts
There is a TSB on that problem and it is covered under 36mo/36,000 bumber to bumber(lol) warranty.

·
588 Posts
dotn worry i buy car from the auction all the time from daytona, they are still under warranty, i knwo because i buy the cars that are fudged up with less than 36k miles and it gets fixed for free

1 - 11 of 11 Posts