The Nissan Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

This is my first time posting here. My girlfriend has a 1999 Altima GXE, and her brakes sound and feel like they're pretty much shot to hell.

The last time that she took it in for brake squealing/shuddering, the guy said he could've replaced the rotors, but he just cut them instead to save her some cash. So I'm thinking it's about time to replace both the rotors and the pads now.

I have searched around a bit to try to dig up some brake info for her car, but I still have a few questions.

1) What do you guys recommend for inexpensive rotors? The stock ones? She doesn't need anything too expensive (i.e. power-slotted and/or cross-drilled), so would stock rotors be the way to go? If not, do you know of any high-quality "regular" ones?

2) How about brake pads? I noticed that people seem to think pretty highly of the VGX brake pads, so I think I'll probably order those for the fronts. But I'm not sure what to do about the rear drums? Any suggestions there?

I just figured it would be better to buy all the stuff online and then have it put on, because it'd probably be the same price as the shop using their shitty parts on there. Thanks. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
joehotrod said:
you shouldnt need rear drum shoes yet.
Thanks for your response, Joe. I'll have the guy check them. How about for rotors, both front and rear? Any suggestions?

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
18,041 Posts
some folks have suggested different things...

one being the OEM ones... not the Value line, but the OEM ones..

also, Autozone has some that Erynn and sassan I think recommend... go with those.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts