The Nissan Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone who make a piggy back PCM upgrade. I really don't want to send out my PCM for $695. The gains are not worth that much.

What I am looking for is something to kill that friggin timing retard $hit when the A/C is on or you stomp the pedal.

My car run performs great when the A/C is off. But when it's on I feel like it has Asthma! I know it's timing related.

Is there a way to fool the system into thinking the A/C is not on even though it is????

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
The timing doesn't change when the A/C is on and why should it? If fact, the compressor disengages during high rpm. What you’re probably feeling is the load the compressor is putting on the engine, which is something you probably don’t feel in a Corvette.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kenshi said:
The timing doesn't change when the A/C is on and why should it? If fact, the compressor disengages during high rpm. What you’re probably feeling is the load the compressor is putting on the engine, which is something you probably don’t feel in a Corvette.
Man, it feels like that thing is sucking 20HP from me. I know it kicks out on WOT but It feels like retarded timing all the way up to WOT.

By the way...Osama
PCM= Powertrain Control Module :D

·
Import Tech.
1,491 Posts
Sorry but you could do any mod in the world and still feel the AC kick in , the AC is a very large draw on the engine , so you will loose power with it on ......An ECU upgrade will have no affect .... Even with all of the mods I have I still feel a draw .... One thing you may look into is the possability that your AC Compressor may be going bad and causing an accesive load ... But other than that there isnt much you can do about it .....

·
RS-R = Authentic JDM
219 Posts
Roll the friggen windows down and turn the heater on full blast and you'll get more power from yur engine! ;)

·
the 1 and only KING DOG
760 Posts
what you really need is a pulley put on and then you can run your ac with out power lost it worked for me and it'll work for you ...

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
ALTIMADAN said:
Roll the friggen windows down and turn the heater on full blast and you'll get more power from yur engine! ;)
And the aerodynamic drag you put on the car at highway speed will put more load on the engine than the A/C.

·
180 Posts
Chuckster said:
What I am looking for is something to kill that friggin timing retard $hit when the A/C is on or you stomp the pedal.
The JWT ecu upgrade kills the timing retard when you dip into the throttle. Call them about it.
I'm not sure it the Jet ecu upgrade does this.

The JWT is expensive, but they also raise the rev limit, which is a feature that I've heard some members rave about, Utilize more of the powerband, less/later shifting, etc...

About the ac, yes, we need to come up with a solution for that.

·
they call me the butcher
1,975 Posts
what ur complaining about all u need to get is a ur pulley
costs 150-250 and has real good gains

if u want a piggy back system ( they are called ecu on most cars not pcm)
there is jet chip v-force (im sellin one)
venom makes one
and u can also get a apex afc

but if ur goin this route get the jwt ecu-upgrade it is worth it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts