The Nissan Club banner

Need everyones support to get koni shoks!

3K views 38 replies 19 participants last post by  Black Hornet 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, as you might know I am always trying to get new products developed for all of us. (Kartboy) My latest crusade is to get Koni adjustable struts and shocks for our cars. Koni makes the best shocks on the market and they are the only ones with a warrantee that includes lowered vehicles. What that means for you, if you’re Altima is dropped on sprints and you’ve already blown stock and kyb struts then this is the shock for you. If anything goes wrong it’s under warrantee! Also these are adjustable, so that you can turn them up for autox and make them soft when you’re taking your girlfriend out. Anyways, here is the email I sent them:

Comments: I am curious why you do not offer struts for the Nissan Altima, specifically my model a 99 gxe. I have your adjustable shocks on my 96 Maxima currently and I love them! I would like to see an application for the Altima community as well. Please get back to me with your thoughts and questions. Thank you for your time and help. Adam

And here is their response:

"Bob Noack" <BNoack@koni-na.com>
There currently is not a large enough demand to develop this product.
Thanks,
Bob Noack

So, we need to do the same thing we did with kartboy and show them that if they develop this product we will buy it! We need to show them there is a demand! I feel the best way to do this is to use this post as a sort of petition, and then we can email it to Koni and see what they have to say. We are going to need lots of signatures to get this going, Koni is a multinational company, but I am sure if they think they can make money they will make the product!

Oh yeah, and could the admin's please make this sticky?

Thanks for everyone’s help!
Adam

See less See more
#3 ·
support

Hey, if your going to sign this petition please state your name, and what type of car that you have in addition to the fact that your really excited about getting koni shocks

#4 · (Edited)
Tyler B. Phelps
1994 GLE Nissan Altima

It would be awsome to have Koni struts!! If these ride smoother than GC's and Tokicos but with the same performance i'd buy them!

#10 ·
^as far as I'm aware of, there's no KONI unit for the U12.
Curently I'm using U13 GR-2 front units in my U12. Why? Because there's no GR-2 specifically made for the USDM U12, that's why..Same extended length, different size of lower spring retainer, your coil is bigger than USDM U12 coil, but is the same size to JDM U12 coil. Same mounting ears dimension as well. More on this at my homepage.

If you guys don't mind doing some trial fitting/testing, the AGX from the A32 fronts seems to be up to the job up front, and the S13 fronts in the rear end of the U13/L30. Of course, that'll be a setup runable with coil overs only as you'll have to trim off the lower spring retainer in the rear to get it in. I'd try to source GAB units too.

Just thinking aloud.

#17 ·
Peterson said:
Hate to say it, but it's been tried before. KYB wouldn't even make us AGX struts.

There is no reason for them to make new parts for a 10 year old car.

true but when that one part is interchancable between the 93-01 it opens a much larger market

#23 ·
hey guys, I asked koni what they thought and there is their email responce... its not good news but its not bad either! so lets keep the signatures coming!

Contact one of our dealers like Custom Spares 845-279-7300, or Steve Millen sports cars at 714-540-5566 . I am sure they would be willing to have a production run made if you would pre order 50 car sets of dampers. Also our shop is capable of building one off units to fit your vehicle cost for these units run $300-$500 each strut or shock.
Thanks,
Bob Noack

#25 ·
Koni does make inserts for a lot of cars, but just not for an altima...you'd have to make a custom setup like Motivational did - gut out your stock strut housings & weld the Koni inserts on there. i think my Koni inserts were from a maxima. i don't know what year though. & they're internally/externally adjustable too =)

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.