The Nissan Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry I'm probably posting in the wrong area... but I need some help... A friend of mine bought a brand new Honda Accord...and although I don't agree with the purchase ( I'd rather get a new Altima ) I am trying to help a friend out. The problem is every time she brakes...she hears a grinding coming from the front of her car. She bought the car in October with no miles on it and three weeks after her purchase, the grinding in the front started. She said it hasn't gotten any worse and some days it's worse than others, but she's doesn't know what it is. Since she's in Flagstaff and I'm in Phoenix I can't here it for myself but I thought maybe one of you would know. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

·
blank
689 Posts
its probably the brake pads are so worn down, the calipers are starting to grind on the discs. get some new pads, and flip the discs

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah.....I can't imagine it being the pads either cause it's brand new......any other possibilities?

...she bought the vehicle in Phoenix and lives in Flagstaff so if she can have the problem fixed without going to the dealer...it will save her a trip down here.

·
dismember
11,347 Posts
may be a defect in the pad. may be they didn't put some of that brake luby stuff u put on back of the shims. well, if she goes to a dealer, it would be free.

·
sittin' pretty.
2,427 Posts
The rotors could...could..be warped. but then you'd feel more of a vibration on any swift decelleration, there's some grinding involved their too. I advice you to let the dealer check it out. To me that may be easier said than done, as I have no clue what the distance b/w Flagstaff and Phoenix is...lol

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AltimaDude99 said:
The rotors could...could..be warped. but then you'd feel more of a vibration on any swift decelleration, there's some grinding involved their too. I advice you to let the dealer check it out. To me that may be easier said than done, as I have no clue what the distance b/w Flagstaff and Phoenix is...lol

141 miles to dealer

·
dismember
11,347 Posts
head south ;)

·
got widebody?®
5,566 Posts
Maybe they did like I did and put the pads on backwards at the factory.....ooops. lol
I had some major-ass grinding lemme tell ya!

·
dismember
11,347 Posts
altima8 said:
Maybe they did like I did and put the pads on backwards at the factory.....ooops. lol
I had some major-ass grinding lemme tell ya!
DOH!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts