The Nissan Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed a new head unit, a CD changer and I want to change the 2 ohm speakers throughout the car.

What do I do after I fold down the rear seats? How do I get to the rear speakers?

I also need detailed info on how to get to the speakers in the front doors and the components in the post.

I want to run 8 gauge wire from the battery to the trunk but I have no idea where I shoud drill. I wouldn't want to damage anything.

If you haven't guessed it already, I am a novice who is trying to save some dough. Circuit City wanted to charge me over $200 to put in a new head unit, a changer, to replace all the speakers and to install an amp and a cap.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks guys.

(Pics to come soon).

·
Local Guamee...
744 Posts
To get to the rear speakers, first drop the seats. There are 2 black panels that need to come off and in the panels there are 2 12mm screws. Take those off. Now, take out the rear bottom seats. Under them, there is a white tab that you'll need to pull (on bothe sides). Once the rear seat is out, you'll need to take out the Back part (of rear seat). Under the bottom rear seat, you'll see I think 5 12mm screws, the one in the middle is a nut.

When done taking out the rear seats, now you'll need to take out the rear side panels. Both side are snapped in, there aren't any screws holding it in. Be very carefull not to break any clips. When they are out, now you can pop up the rear panel. Once done, remove any screws holding stock speakers and replace with new ones. Thats it for the back.

Now for the front speakers...

First you'll need to remove 3 phillip screws. One on the handel, 2 on the window panel (panel where window switch is). On the window panel, 1 is showing (under the cover) the other is underneath the panel. You'll need to take out the window panel to get to the 3rd screw. Once all screws are out, first pop out the panel where the mirror is. Now carefully, start from the bottom, pop out the door panel. You'll need to disconnect the dome light on the bottom of the dorr (inside). Now you should have access to the dorr speaker. Do this for the other side as well.

When done installing your new speakers, carefully put back all panels in the oppisite order you took them out. You should be done in no time.

I know someone had already posted this with some pictures for you to use. Search and you'll find. I'm just bored here at the dealer waiting for my car that's being serviced. Have fun and good luck! :D I hope this helps.

·
Local Guamee...
744 Posts
Regarding instructions on removal, PM (Private Message) JOSHUAH01 for the PDF. He should be able to help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts