The Nissan Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Alti_junkie
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did search but nothing answered my question on what I need to do this some info was very helpful except for this one little thing.

Okay so I have pioneer everything meaning front speakers rear speakers and a 12 inch sub pioneer as well. Amp is from absolute 1200watts.

Okay So everythhing is wired but I need help with the lines IN. Using the stock headunit if info needed. Okay so I saw the amp needed lines IN comming from the stock headunit to the amp where do I get these do I need to tapped them into the stock wiring or I need some sort of converting thingy.Oh yeah one more thing what can I use as a remote thanks guys.

Here is some pics of what im talking about

the in lines where do they go on the stock headunit

where do these connect to on the stock headunit do I need to tap them or what please help

oh yeah saving up for pioneer double din looking at 550 for that or can anyone else suggest somthing better and cheaper.

·
It is what it is
458 Posts
You need a line output converter (lots of retailers sell them, BB has them for ~$25) and the easiest place to tap/install the LOC is under the rear deck tapped into the 6x9 wires.

For the remote turn on you can use the purple wire.

Its been a while since I ran my LOC so I can't tell you what color wires are what, but you can do that with a multimeter (or search again, I am sure its here somewhere).

·
Alti_junkie
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I was searching and I found something about that LOC someone had it in the 07+ altima he was using the stock headunit I think but how exactly do I use the LOC. If I search should I search something like LOC how to stock unit or tapping the stock unit wires LOC. I will go ahead and search and theonedub if you do find out wich wires please tell me to save me some hassle were expacting more rain and I want to get this done with.

·
It is what it is
458 Posts
I can't remember for sure, but the wires you want to tap on the 6x9s I think are purple(+) purple w/ black stripe (-) and green (+) green w/ black stripe (-). The line output converter will have 4 wires coming off of it that are labeled R+ R- L+ L-, you attach each one to the respective wires above (obviously you will be able to tell which is left and right by the speaker placement). The LOC will have RCA outputs that you connect to the amp inputs and possibly gain controls (which should be set at maximum then backed of ~1/8th of a turn).

Its pretty straight forward, hard to mess up.

fyi, I used to use a LOC and I can tell you they are pretty bad compared to a nice HU, night and day difference- in my opinion halogen vs HID different to put it in perspective for you.

·
Alti_junkie
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I pretty much understand how to do it but what about the front speakers do they need a LOC to or no or by just doing the rear speakers the front ones will be louder and sound better or what kinda new at this line output converter thing. Never used one.

·
It is what it is
458 Posts
If you plan to amp all speakers in the car then you will need the LOC, they have models with multiple outputs, but I guess you can use splitters if you can't get one. Any speaker you plan on running off the amp will get its signal from the LOC. If you plan on running the speakers off the HU amp then there is no additional work and the setup is simple.

·
Alti_junkie
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So my best bet would be just to run the LOC off the rear 6x9 rights and man this sounds so cunfusing and if I may ask for a little favor if not then cool I will try and figure it out if you can draw a really half assed drawing with paint or something im trippinout and dont have the cash do get it installed but please if you can thanks.

·
It is what it is
458 Posts
Okay, here is the easiest way for you to have it setup (only the subwoofer will be run off the amp, all other speakers off the HU).

The picture doesn't include your ground and power wire for the amp, but you will need them. Use T-taps/Wire taps to attach the LOC to the 6x9 wires. If the LOC has a ground (one additional black wire) just attach it to bare metal- there's plenty of places in the rear shelf. Hope that helps.

·
Alti_junkie
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
omg thanks dude that totally makes sense fer sure so if I want to do the front speakers I need to follow this as well right. So the thanks theonedub that helped alot i will do this maybe tomaro or over the weekend and hopefully buy myself a pioneer double din next year get rid of the LOC and its all gravy baby hahaha.

·
It is what it is
458 Posts
If you end up running the front speakers on the amp as well you have two options:

~get an LOC with multiple RCA outs, you run a second pair of RCAs just like you do for the sub (as pictured) but to the second input on the amp.

OR

~if you cant get a LOC with multiple outs, just get (2) RCA Y adapters (1female/2male type) so you can split the one RCA to the other input.

Thats the adapter you would need, as you can see attaching one to each RCA plug will allow you to have one cable supply signal for the sub and front speakers.

·
Alti_junkie
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
finally had time to finish this system. Now the bad things are or I dont know if this is normal wich I know its not. Okay when I turn the car on I can here a static type of noise comming from all 4 speakers. Then when I rev the engine I hear a loud humming type of turbo spooling type of noise comming from the speakers. The noise gets louder as I rev more the noise is constant to the rpms. What can this be is it because of the stock headunit or what.

·
Registered
1 Posts
finally had time to finish this system. Now the bad things are or I dont know if this is normal wich I know its not. Okay when I turn the car on I can here a static type of noise comming from all 4 speakers. Then when I rev the engine I hear a loud humming type of turbo spooling type of noise comming from the speakers. The noise gets louder as I rev more the noise is constant to the rpms. What can this be is it because of the stock headunit or what.
i just wired my line out converter directly off my rear Kenwood 6x9s and I'm getting the exact same thing.

anyone have ideas?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Okay today was a PITA!! I went back to the install place, 6th Ave we spent several hours trying to eliminate the noise coming over the system. I purchased high end RCA cables to check if that was the cause but no. We pulled the deck out disconnected the old RCA and i directly plugged in the much better ones into the head unit to the amp and we still hear that terrible noise when we pressed on the gas.
We checked the AMP ground and we actually moved it to a bolt under the rear seat where the seat belts were held in by.. Still noise.
We even tried running a ground wire into each RCA, then out attached to the grounding point and still Noise.
I looked at the head unit, and saw it was grounded by being screwed into the metal bar running behind the HU, right under the AC vents.
One thing I noticed but didn't think about till now was, I have an SL so there's that digital read out on the AC controls.
We ended up putting the noise loop isolators back on b/c nothing was helping, but as we put them back in, when we moved them towards the right the noise would get worse, when we pulled back out it went away.
Now that i think about it, could this noise be coming from the power line of the Antenna? We would of wrapped the RCA's in Aluminum foil to protect them more but we didn't have on hand.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to get this g-dam wine under control?
I didn't do the Big-3 upgrade yet but that's on my list. It's just extremely annoying not being able to figure this out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Okay today was a PITA!! I went back to the install place, 6th Ave we spent several hours trying to eliminate the noise coming over the system. I purchased high end RCA cables to check if that was the cause but no. We pulled the deck out disconnected the old RCA and i directly plugged in the much better ones into the head unit to the amp and we still hear that terrible noise when we pressed on the gas.
We checked the AMP ground and we actually moved it to a bolt under the rear seat where the seat belts were held in by.. Still noise.
We even tried running a ground wire into each RCA, then out attached to the grounding point and still Noise.
I looked at the head unit, and saw it was grounded by being screwed into the metal bar running behind the HU, right under the AC vents.
One thing I noticed but didn't think about till now was, I have an SL so there's that digital read out on the AC controls.
We ended up putting the noise loop isolators back on b/c nothing was helping, but as we put them back in, when we moved them towards the right the noise would get worse, when we pulled back out it went away.
Now that i think about it, could this noise be coming from the power line of the Antenna? We would of wrapped the RCA's in Aluminum foil to protect them more but we didn't have on hand.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to get this g-dam wine under control?
I didn't do the Big-3 upgrade yet but that's on my list. It's just extremely annoying not being able to figure this out.
Sounds like a ground loop. Everything grounded in one spot or scattered?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts