The Nissan Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

I have a Nissan March (Micra) 2003 which reduces water.
The problem started 2 years ago, I changed the thermostat and it was OK for a couple of months.
Then the same thing happened again.
So I took it to my Mechanic two months ago and they said the coolant gasket was leaking and changed that.
But it kept reducing water and overheating if I drove it for 30Ks or so.
I took it back to the mechanic. They have done pressure and compressor checks and they left the car idling for a couple of hours.
They found no leak and no problem with the head gasket and when it was idling they couldn't see the water level coming down (but when I drive with it constantly reduces water. In a recent 80Ks trip I had to top up the water for 2 litres or so).
Have you faced such an issue?
Any help and guidance would be appreciated.

Cheers

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hi All,

I have a Nissan March (Micra) 2003 which reduces water.
The problem started 2 years ago, I changed the thermostat and it was OK for a couple of months.
Then the same thing happened again.
So I took it to my Mechanic two months ago and they said the coolant gasket was leaking and changed that.
But it kept reducing water and overheating if I drove it for 30Ks or so.
I took it back to the mechanic. They have done pressure and compressor checks and they left the car idling for a couple of hours.
They found no leak and no problem with the head gasket and when it was idling they couldn't see the water level coming down (but when I drive with it constantly reduces water. In a recent 80Ks trip I had to top up the water for 2 litres or so).
Have you faced such an issue?
Any help and guidance would be appreciated.

Cheers
You have a 17 year old car with most of the hoses being original. Inspect all the hoses very carefully. A radiator hose in good condition should feel firm, but not hard. A radiator hose in poor condition feels very hard, spongy, or soft. You may find a single soft spot as opposed to the entire hose being soft. A soft hose or a hose with a soft spot should be replaced. If your oil looks very strange: If your oil is a frothy, white or milk chocolate-colored substance on the dipstick, it’s likely that a faulty head gasket has allowed coolant to be mixed with the oil. If you’re losing coolant, but see no evidence of a leak: You may have coolant leaking into the engine cylinders, where it’s being burned along with the fuel. A sign this is happening is a burst of white smoke from the tailpipe when you start the engine in the morning.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts