The Nissan Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend has just bought a 97 altima GLE with a 133Kmiles on it. Car seems in a good condition with a few problems:

1) Little noise from the timing chain, which the mechanic said not a big deal.
2) idle rpm goes down after turning of the a/c, and somtimes the engine stalls, and wont start for a while. several hours later it starts fine and drives fine. couple days later it stalled again when she stoped at a red light, the car started to shake with lower rpms and then it died completely, couldnt start. again several hours later we took it back to our apartment. Plus the dashbord light goes off sometimes, and several minutes later comes back again, I dont know whether it is related with any of the above problems.

I and my girlfriend will appriciate your help.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Welcome to the boards. Before anyone else mentions it-------the search feature is your friend.

1) The timing chain noise is not a big deal, it's from the chain hitting the upper timing chain guide. If it bothers you, you can take off the valve cover and remove it.

2) The stalling could be a distributer problem. Do a search for your symptoms.

3) Dashboard light going out and coming back on is probably your dimmer switch. It's not faulty, it's just there may be a slightly loose connection. Temporary and easiest solution is to wiggle the switch whenever it happens.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts