The Nissan Club banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, this should probably be in the engine forum, but I figured more peeps would look here first.. I have a 93 altima and when you look at the engine w/ the hood up, the second plug from the left, is getting a spark, but the cylinder is not firing, when I pulled this plug, nothing happened, the engine kept running fine, but when i pulled other ones, it damn near stalled the engine out.. The spark plugs have just been changed 2 weeks ago, and like I said before, the plug is sparking, tested that myself, oww.. so does anyone have an idea of what this could be?.. thanks for the info..

·
Erect Member
18,130 Posts
sounds like a bad wire. oh and btw, the cylinders are numbered 1-4, starting with the one closest to the pulleys.

·
Erect Member
18,130 Posts
i was going to say compression too, but i wanted to be the first answer! lol i knew someone was going to get it. :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the input, but I dont think its a bad wire w/ all do respect, my roommate got shocked when we tried to check the spark w/ a screwdriver :D .. so thats why I am not sure what the prob is.. obviously the plug is getting current from the cap.. any other ideas?

·
Erect Member
18,130 Posts
the wire can be good or bad depending on whether its broken and where. but now, id check the compression. no compression, no run. is the plug fouled? is the injector working too? i still say plug wire, the end can be bad. also, make sure the plugwire "snaps" when you install it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Try and swap the #1 & #2 plug and wire (move both ends of the wire) if the #2 wire is long enough to reach #1 cyl. It might not hurt to look at the inside of the cap as well.
While you have the #2 plug out look into the cyl and (by hand) turn the motor over until you can see the top of the piston.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Check if the cylinder is gettin' fuel if you got spark the next step in the fireing system is the fire.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Peterson said:
Check the FAQ and read how to scan the ECU codes. See if that cylinder is throwing a code.
I read how to reset the ecu, and it gave a description on how to get the ecu to pull up the trouble code, but this useless w/out a fsm.. so my next question is.. I went and bought a new dist. cap earlier before I posted this and a new rotor, I am going to change those, what next, change the plug that connects to the spark plug and the wire?.. I dont know anyone w/ an fsm so I dont know how to read the ecu.. I can reset it though, I know how to do that, but will that do me any good?.. thanks guys

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
18,041 Posts
slopestyle said:
alright, this should probably be in the engine forum, but I figured more peeps would look here first..
I'm sorry.. comments like this make me close a thread

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.