The Nissan Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with mis- aligning door panels!
It looks like the hinges have no room for alignment because they
centre themselves on the studs in the doors. More than half of the Altima's on the car lots have the same problem, visually it's hard to see until rock chips start to appear on the rear doors front edge because it protrudes, and on the wheel arch behind the rear door because it sticks out further than the rear lower corner of the rear door. Does the repair manual have anything on door alignment / door hinges etc?
Nissans body shop said nothing could be done, when I contacted Nissan complaints line all of the sudden the body shop can fix it! I asked them how and he said they would have to bend ,fill paint the doors, that's just not acceptable.

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
5,804 Posts
Dallas said:
I have a problem with mis- aligning door panels!
It looks like the hinges have no room for alignment because they
centre themselves on the studs in the doors. More than half of the Altima's on the car lots have the same problem, visually it's hard to see until rock chips start to appear on the rear doors front edge because it protrudes, and on the wheel arch behind the rear door because it sticks out further than the rear lower corner of the rear door. Does the repair manual have anything on door alignment / door hinges etc?
Nissans body shop said nothing could be done, when I contacted Nissan complaints line all of the sudden the body shop can fix it! I asked them how and he said they would have to bend ,fill paint the doors, that's just not acceptable.
Sounds like another quality Nissan repair. Bah!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My reardoor strikers may be on upside down. Can someone describe their rear door striker there is a fat line and skinny line what side faces which direction. I have noticed that even the strickers centre and cannot be adjusted !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.