The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help..I hope someone can help me,I am replacing my stock stereo to aftermarket (pioneer) stereo,installation to the stereo I have no problem,I just want to keep the steering wheel control.manual for RC is quite confusing so i just want to know if anyone have tried installing steering wheel control using PAC-SWl-RC how did you install it?

Thanks in advance:bigok:

·
Super Moderator
14,453 Posts
I tried the Pac unit, and gave up on it. I bought the Axxess one after and it's having problems reading my car's wiring. But I think i may have something wired incorrectly on the back. Just too lazy to recheck it

·
Registered
860 Posts
^^^ Ditch the pac and get an axxess. Trust me, I've ran both. :)

The pac was annoying to install due to the resistors and various wires. It also had TERRIBLE lag. (I have the swi-jack version).

Axxess has no lag and no resistors. A win win

·
Super Moderator
14,453 Posts
any chance you took a picture of how you have the wiring done on yours?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Sorry, I looked through my photobucket and couldn't find any. What did you want pictures of? I could get you some of the axxess, but none exist for the swi-jack.
We dont necessarily need pictures Tim, What we actually need is what color wires of the Axxess you connected to what color wires of the car radio harness since the one provided with the instructions isnt correct and requires Trial and Error

·
Registered
860 Posts
^^^ I dont remember which wires I attached it too. I can take out my dash and take a look if you want.

However, if I remember correctly, if you look around the site of who makes the axxess, you can find vehicle specific instructions. Thats how I did mine.

·
Super Moderator
14,453 Posts
Sorry, I looked through my photobucket and couldn't find any. What did you want pictures of? I could get you some of the axxess, but none exist for the swi-jack.
I just need to know which wires you connected each of the axxess wires to. I followed their instructions, but i can't seem to get it to work correctly. it recognizes my radio, but not the car's wiring.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Too Slow, At one point I had the Axxess working and I remember I posted the correct wires. Wait here they are

SWC = Axxess Wires

White with Green Stripe (SWC) to Gray with Blue Stripe (Harness)
Gray with Red Stripe (SWC) to White with Green Stripe (Harness)
Blue with Black Stripe with Gray Notches (Harness) to Ground

And
12V to 12V Source
Ground to Ground
Aux Connector (From SWC) to the Wired Remote Input on the back of your Headunit

However one time I had to remove it from my car and when I put it back in it never worked correctly. Im not sure why, I never cared to follow up with it, however when I had these wires connected everything worked, the source, track select and volume

However Tim, Please post up what wires you connected the axxess to the radio harness as I am curious how you did it as well to see if you did it differently so please post it up

Thanks!

·
Registered
860 Posts
Alright you guys. I will take a look either tomorrow or on Friday and post pictures of my setup.

Mine has worked since day one, no issues since I put it in..

·
Super Moderator
14,453 Posts
there's suppose to be two ground wires and i think im messing up on how the ground is connected on the one that isn't the black wire.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Tim,

Did you ever happen to look how you had this wired up? I wanted to see what wires you connected and what you had done compared to me when I had mine working. If you can let us know it would be appreciated

Thanks!

·
Registered
860 Posts
Tim,

Did you ever happen to look how you had this wired up? I wanted to see what wires you connected and what you had done compared to me when I had mine working. If you can let us know it would be appreciated

Thanks!
Ahhh, my bad man. I totally forgot about doing it.

Ill do it tomorrow after work.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Tim,

Thanks let us know it would be appreciated

·
Super Moderator
14,453 Posts
please do, I would like to fix mine this weekend if possible.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Okay, so I may get off work later today because of a meeting. I may or may not be able to do it. If not today, then definitely tomorrow.

Sorry to keep delaying this you guys. I promise to get you pictures of my install either today or tomorrow.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Okay, here are the pictures.

You can see that all I used was red for power/black for ground. And then the grey/red and white/green wires. I also used the headphone jack looking plug, it stuck right in the back of my head unit. I didnt take a picture of that. All the other wires I bundled up so they were out of the way.

I think these two are self explanatory. I just used those two clips to tap into the factory wiring on that plug.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Tim so let me confirm this in wire to wire colors

So you did the following

1. Gray and Red Wire from the Axxess to the Red and Yellow on the Car Radio Harness
2. White and Green Wire from the Axxess to the Green with Gray Notches on the Car Radio Harness

And you connected the Red to 12V and the Black to Ground and the Headphone Jack to the Wired Remote Connector.

Is that all the wires you used?

--------------------------------
See When mine worked at one point I used

White with Green Stripe (SWC) to Gray with Blue Stripe (Harness)
Gray with Red Stripe (SWC) to White with Green Stripe (Harness)
Blue with Black Stripe with Gray Notches (Harness) to Ground

-----------------------------

However the wires I mentioned prior to the way I did it prior hand is that the way you did it becasue thats what I can tell from the pictures

Thanks Tim!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts